News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

Ballyneal Sept 26-28
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
I'm looking for a good excuse to get back out to Holyoke, so I thought I'd throw this out there to gauge interest in a potential impromptu mini-GCA outing.  Either Sat Sep 26-Mon Sep 28 or Sun Sep 27-Mon Sep 28.  Reply here or send me a PM if you're interested.  It's still probably a long shot from my perspective, but with enough interest, I can try to make it happen.

And no...I won't make you appear in a rap video.

Tim Bert

Re: Ballyneal Sept 26-28
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:35:37 PM »
Out.  I thought the video was mandatory.   ;)

I'll reconsider if you at least make an audio contribution a requirement. 

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:15 PM »
If you bail I can certainly do My best to pick up the slack. The long range weather is for a first frost mid month then a month or so of Indian summer. Should be ideal.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Richard Choi

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »
Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to get out there since my wife already vetoed Dixie Cup. But I want to stress to others (especially new members) who have not experienced Ballyneal how special this opportunity is. If you can you MUST go. If you are into GCA, a visit to this course is a must.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
If we can have the flexibility and forgiveness of making a late decision on this, I might be able to do so.  As I spoke to Adam recently, I feel I must get out there this fall or I'll bust.  At this time and current state of back/disc issues, I may be able to do a couple of rounds, one per day on successive days (Wild Horse, Bally if available, Bayside, etc.) But, I'm sort of day to day on this.  If I go, I may have to stay longer, play less, but take a side trip to see/walk Valentine, Prairie Club if Mark A., is agreeable.  A whole golf season (like I did last year) without Nebraska/prairie sand hill golf, is like a year without sunshine.  :-\ ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »
Fall here in Northeastern Colorado is definitely the best time for golf throughout the year.  It would be neat to get together with a bunch of guys at Ballyneal.

On a side note, from what I hear, Ballyneal just recently held a high school golf tournament and a kid from Cherry Hills shot a 67.  I was told it was from the tips, but I doubt they played it all the way back.

Also, Rupert recently held the CSU vs CU outing, with CSU coming out on top.  A sad day as Rupert is a CU grad, I believe, but great for my beloved Rams!

Scott
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Jim Colton

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »
This weekend is officially a go, so please let me know if you're interested. Shooting for about 9 guys total.

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
Jim,

Your generosity in hosting is, as always, very much appreciated.  As I am dying to get to Ballyneal I am afraid that the Dixie Cup has already eaten up my fall allowance of hall passes (too bad too because your weekend is my birthday weekend).

Next time.....

Jason
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Steve Lang

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
 8) How about a guy and a gal from TX? 

Got to check some tournament/play dates.. oh, and some work stuff, probably > 50 % chance we'll finally get there..

Adam, are you still travelling 2-5 Oct?

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Steve Kline

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »
Jim - thanks for the hospitality and sharing of a great course but I can't make it. I played in a tournament Monday and have been in Pinehurst (my word the conditioning of the courses is horrible; #2 is in pathetic shape for a top 30 course) since for the member-guest. I have another tournament next week (I'm the defending champ) and the a golf trip to Louisville with a vendor the week after that.

Jim Colton

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:26 AM »
Bump.  Last chance to take a good, hard look at this mothaf%^kin' Doak :)

Sean_A

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »

Jim

Its blind invites like this which help make this site work.  Unfortunately, I can't make it, but I sincerely appreciate the offer.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

George Freeman

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

Jim

Its blind invites like this which help make this site work.  Unfortunately, I can't make it, but I sincerely appreciate the offer.

Ciao

Couldn't agree more...thanks again Jim!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

John Mayhugh

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
Has the Ballyneal iPod been updated?

Thomas Patterson

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
I wish I could join you guys for this outing, but I will be there next weekend (13th/14th).  It would have been nice to meet you guys. 

Cheers!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back