News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Wilbur

2nd St. Andrews Course?
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
I will be sending in my application to the St. Andrews trust for my wife and I to play the Old Course next May.  They do require play on one of their other courses (New, Jubilee, Eden, Strathtyrum, or Castle) as part of the booking requirement.  One of my friends recommended the New Course, but would appreciate input from others.

Brian Phillips

Re: 2nd St. Andrews Course?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
I think they do.  I would recommend playing The New Course or The Castle  if it is part of your two course ticket.  Then make sure you play The Eden for the greens and the fun of the course.

The Jubilee is a very tough golf course and not that fun in the rain or wind.  The Strathtyrum is almost parkland and definitely not worth using on two course ticket.
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »
Brad

The New Course is my suggestion, The Castle Course may make your feel seasick by the time you managed the Greens. You do not want to be ill when visiting St Andrews

Check your e-mail for some photos and attachments on the New Course.

Melvyn

PS I well remember the site of the Castle Course pre 2004, is was gentle and more or less flat, now I need my mountain equipments – see below

Also need Crampons, more rope and an ice axe on cold days. :-X

No, Brian living in Norway is use to these conditions and has all the kit, we here are not ;)

Brian Phillips

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »
Very funny Melvyn.  You should see the course we are designing in Lisbon.  Even I would advise the Norwegians to use a cart. Toughest site we have ever worked on.
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »

Brian

Go wash your mouth out with soap, using words like cart on this site, enough to turn ones stomach

Melvyn

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
Very funny Melvyn.  You should see the course we are designing in Lisbon.  Even I would advise the Norwegians to use a cart. Toughest site we have ever worked on.

Brian, does it play up around the Castelo Sao Jorge?  ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »

Would that be a motocross course? You weren't specific as to what type of course it was. Presumably not a golf course if carts are involved.
 :)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back