News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Brightly

Tiger takes a shot at Kite
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
This appeared in our local paper today, I wonder if the national media and the network will pick up on it.... In the Pro-Am, Tiger asked if Tom did this course before his eye surgery!

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/other_sports/oconnor/OConnor_Tiger_doesnt_like_this_courses_stripes_.html

Kalen Braley

Re: Tiger takes a shot at Kite
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
Guess which company now doesn't have a shot at landing Tiger for a sponsorship deal!!!

According to Sanjay Jha, a Motorola executive and one of three amateurs who played with Woods on Wednesday, Tiger took time out of their five-hour loop to joke, “Maybe Tom did this course before his eye operation.”

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »
And people ask why he is always so guarded and never says anything interesting. FFS!

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
Does Jha go on Tiger's blacklist now?

jonathan_becker

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:37:41 PM »
Does Jha go on Tiger's blacklist now?

Absolutely.  Jha seems like the ready, fire, aim type

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
Looks like the north jersey paper is serving their website with a PDP-11, or this has become a hot item for people to look at.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joe Bausch

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »
Looks like the north jersey paper is serving their website with a PDP-11, or this has become a hot item for people to look at.

They upgraded to a speedy VAX 11/750 recently, but finding anyone that knows how to properly run a web server these days on VMS is getting hard.  ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mark Arata

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:00:03 PM »
"Tiger’s 0-for-4 in this year’s majors wasn’t a popular talking point. Tiger’s epic, one-legged playoff victory over Rocco Mediate at Pebble Beach was an easier subject to raise."

Nice to see they dont employ proof readers in NJ either, I though it was just limited to the New Orleans paper..... :P
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Jason McNamara

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »

They upgraded to a speedy VAX 11/750 recently, but finding anyone that knows how to properly run a web server these days on VMS is getting hard.  ;)

All the admins have BITNET addresses.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 05:54:22 PM »

They upgraded to a speedy VAX 11/750 recently, but finding anyone that knows how to properly run a web server these days on VMS is getting hard.  ;)

The scary/sad part about these quotes is that not only do I understand these references but I have actually worked with them.

Fortran 66 anyone?  PL1? 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:02:00 PM by Craig Edgmand »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »

They upgraded to a speedy VAX 11/750 recently, but finding anyone that knows how to properly run a web server these days on VMS is getting hard.  ;)

The scary/sad part about these quotes is that not only do I understand these references but I have actually worked with them.

Fortran 66 anyone?  PL1? 

I took a few classes back in school where we programmed in PASCAl and BASIC!!   ;D

John Keenan

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
Garland

A PDP-11 I think not.  I suspect a VAX  at tne very least least.

Nice to see DEC classics may be gone but not forgotten

John
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Richard Choi

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »
Greatest. GCA Thread. Ever...

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
Cobol on punch cards, anyone?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
Greatest. GCA Thread. Ever...

Yes, because it doesn't mention that hardware giant that we are not allowed to mention, U No Hu, nor does it mention that software dump Choi's R Us.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »
FORTRAN IV on punch cards on a CDC heating plant.  :D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
Well if we're going punch cards..

Anyone got an old vaccum tube computer in thier back shed somewhere?   ;D

Joe Hancock

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
Well if we're going punch cards..

Anyone got an old vaccum tube computer in thier back shed somewhere?   ;D

The old UniVac wouldn't fit in a shed.....

(Fortran/ punch cards training here, for those keeping score)

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
This is news?

WW

Steve Lang

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
 8)  WATFOR BABY
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »

Wow, you guys are old.  ;)

WATFIV on punchcards.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »

Not hard at all for you....

Though I suppose that's what that wink was for...

*EDIT* Now that I see there are a few DECies in GCAland. I grew up in a DEC household as my father worked for them for 15 years.

Steve Lang

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »
 8) craig.. been back to Black mesa or Twin Warriors?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
Steve,

Don't I wish!  I don't get out of town much anymore. I did make down to Dallas recently to check out the new Fred Couples signature course with Jeff B. and Lou Duran.

Have you?

Carl Nichols

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 09:22:12 AM »
Perhaps Tiger really meant that Kite didn't do enough to enhance the views of Manhattan (since he couldn't appreciate or see them before the surgery)!   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back