News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Boston Area Recommendations
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 10:12:16 AM »
Why does everyone on this site play Boston Golf Cub, rave about it, and then not tell this guy it's the place to play?  Any pro that puts up with raters will allow a civilian to play if you make a sincere effort.

Stephen Northrup

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
Boston Golf Club should be on the short list. I found the pro and other staff very accommodating when I visited earlier this year.

If you need to stay in or near the city of Boston proper, then George Wright is the play. Haven't played it in a couple of years so can't vouch for conditions, but even a drop-off from recent standards would be yards ahead of where they were when I first played there 20 years ago.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »
To John's (delicately made, as ever) point above, I believe Boston GC is open Mondays and closed Tuesdays, so as far as the schedule goes, it could work. I've never played it, but I hear it's quite nice.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Stephen Northrup

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
Jon is correct. Boston GC is open Mondays. Ask for a caddie named Jack.

JStewart

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
Thanks for the advice, all. Boston GC sounds somewhat possible to get on.

mark chalfant

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
Worcester  and  Plymouth  are both  excellent.  Plymouth  has remarkable terrain,  and  Ian Andrew is deftly  handling  its restoration

Chris DeToro

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
Worcester surely flys under the radar in this area.  But you'll love Boston GC--it's a great course with a fantastic staff that is truly passionate about their course

Tim Martin

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
Winchester is another gem that flies under the radar and not that far from where you are staying. That said I can't imagine access would be easy on Labor Day weekend. :-[

Chris DeToro

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
Winchester is great too.  So many gems in New England, it's hard to really go wrong. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back