News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: Greens at RCCC
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
Sean:

You can't belong to Rock Creek for $100, that's for sure.

As for 3.5 hours, you could probably play that fast if you wanted to.  But if you ever get there, you will understand why you wouldn't care in that setting.  Montana is a big beautiful place and there is no point in rushing through it.

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
Only played RCCC the one time, but found the greens very puttable. Our caddy was great at reads and the speeds were just right. I ended up with 3 makes in the 20+ range and 2 in the 10-15 range. I 4 putted once from off the green and 3 putted only once.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 03:24:44 AM »
Sean:

You can't belong to Rock Creek for $100, that's for sure.

As for 3.5 hours, you could probably play that fast if you wanted to.  But if you ever get there, you will understand why you wouldn't care in that setting.  Montana is a big beautiful place and there is no point in rushing through it.

Tom

Yes, I have been to Montana, mind you it was with 15 teenagers so maybe that doesn't count!

If it costs more than $100 then its too rich for my blood to play on any sort of consistent basis.  As for the views, yes, the first handful of times you take them in while you learn the course.  What then? 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

John Kirk

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
Sean, since Barney is gone and the BBWhatEverItWas is gone, if you can arrange it, I'll spring for your unaccompanied greens fees, and gladly so.  You should see this joint!

I've already seen it; I'd like to see it again.  Just sayin'...it's fantastic.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back