News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

John Kirk

Re: Could Doak Build a '10' on the Moon?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »
Angry yet proud.  Voices perfectly tuned like T-Pain.

I loved it.  Best contribution to GolfClubAtlas in a long time.  Just shut your face; I'm on a Doak, motherffffffffffff.  Two, possibly three stars on the Perfect iPod Collection scale.

Wow!  You look like a normal person.  Great job, quant boy.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
I'm only the messenger John, a little birdie told me about it.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
...just brutal and hilarious. They got Rock Creek , Ballyneal and GCA in the mix. Sounds like the sports radio guys...

Thanks Charlie!
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

PThomas

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »
I like Tom and think he does great work...but this is a bit much and kind of creeps me out!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

John Kirk

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »
I like Tom and think he does great work...but this is a bit much and kind of creeps me out!

Mission...acccomplished!

Bill Brightly

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »
Excellent, but like most rap music, I can't make out all the words. Any chance someone has the lyrics so us old farts can follow along?

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:40:36 AM »
Charlie

A Tribute, I do not think Tom D would regard that as a Tribute. I believe he would by far be more than honored if we played his courses.

Sounds like the song (if you can call it a song) ran out of ideas as soon as whoever started composing this crap (I think that is how it is spelt, although I could be wrong, it might be rap, no I was right in the first place).

Would the songwriter be an ex-architect who only knew how to design Greens in the middle of lakes? His song is as boring and as frustrating as these island features and certainly kills the music as quickly as the island Greens kill the game of Golf.

Sorry Tom, I for one believed you deserve better (even when you do not agree with me) than this (c)rap song.

As for the Moon, I hope the R&A don’t have authority, because I believe they would want all the crater bunkers flattened and repositioned to assist the long hitter. Come to think of it, that song would be an ideal tribute for the R&A, don’t you think?

Melvyn

Tom Dunne

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »
Maybe it's a generational thing, but I found it amusing. It's just a dumb joke, not the decline and fall of western civilization. Autotune rapping about options and the ground game...I wasn't expecting *that* with my breakfast cereal today.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
Excellent, but like most rap music, I can't make out all the words. Any chance someone has the lyrics so us old farts can follow along?

Trust me, you are better off.

David_Elvins

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtqibIxeXlc

Very funny. But I feel sorry for everyone who turns up to Pac Dunes or Ballyneal from now on and can't get "I'm on a mother f#$cking Doak" out of their head for the first 5 holes.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Tim Bert

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »
Very good, but disappointing there isn't an accompanying video.  Perhaps those of us attending the Old Mac opening next spring can put together some footage and improve this project.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
Heads up: do not make the same mistake I did by opening this at work.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Bert

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
What do you mean?  I bet they'll be pumping this through the stereo at Doak's office!

Ben Sims

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
I guess my favorite part was...

"This ain't the Straits course, this is real as it gets / I'm on a Doak mothaf%$ker, top minimalist"

That said, I can't make out all the lyrics... :'(

Bill Brightly

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
Don't listen to this at work at work, but here is the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBCrsaet-2Q

Ian Larson

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
We all know the moon isnt made outta green cheese. If the moon were made out of bar b que spare ribs, would Doak eat it? Heck! I sure would, and polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAhdtDmsOw
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:04:54 PM by Ian Larson »

Scott Warren

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »
Don't listen to this at work at work, but here is the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBCrsaet-2Q

The version with the film clip is better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU&feature=fvsr

If you like that, listen to their tune Jizz In My Pants.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:02:54 PM by Scott Warren »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »

This is one step closer to cult icon status.

Anthony

Bruce Katona

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
I've always told the boss: " If you have enough time, patience and money, we could get the approvals to build houses on the Moon, , you and the marketing guys have to sell them."  Enough said.

Richard Choi

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Melvyn, you seriously, seriously need to chill...

Scott Warren

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »
The avatar tells me you are already a fan, Richard ;D

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
Melvyn,

Most of us here do play Tom's courses. I think that's kind of the point isn't it?

John Kirk

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »
Charlie

A Tribute, I do not think Tom D would regard that as a Tribute. I believe he would by far be more than honored if we played his courses.

Sounds like the song (if you can call it a song) ran out of ideas as soon as whoever started composing this crap (I think that is how it is spelt, although I could be wrong, it might be rap, no I was right in the first place).

Would the songwriter be an ex-architect who only knew how to design Greens in the middle of lakes? His song is as boring and as frustrating as these island features and certainly kills the music as quickly as the island Greens kill the game of Golf.

Sorry Tom, I for one believed you deserve better (even when you do not agree with me) than this (c)rap song.

As for the Moon, I hope the R&A don’t have authority, because I believe they would want all the crater bunkers flattened and repositioned to assist the long hitter. Come to think of it, that song would be an ideal tribute for the R&A, don’t you think?

Melvyn

This reminds me of a sequence in the movie "A Hard Day's Night", which I regard as one of the greatest and most culturally significant movies of all time.  In the opening sequence on the train, a staid, middle-aged fellow enters the Fab Four's cabin, and begins to take over, closing the window and turning Ringo's blaring transistor radio off.

John:  "After all, it's his train, isn't it, mister?"
Upstanding citizen:  "Don't take that tone with me, young man.  I fought the war for your sort."
Ringo:  "I bet you're sorry you won."

The scene can be found 7 minutes into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgZvuRaafU&feature=related

John Kirk

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
Maybe Spinal Tap is the choice for midwestern dullards like yourself, but for truly irreverent snobs, A Hard Day's Night is the choice.

"I'm on a Doak, bitch."

Good grief that is funny and clever.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back