News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Link Between Old Tom Morris and C B Macdonald
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:03 AM »

Tom Paul,

What a charmed life. When I was a kid the only time I went to Macdonalds was for a birthday or after I pitched a no-hitter in little leage. Loved the happy meals.

Anthony

A no hitter?  That's cool.  The only no hitter I ever had was last week when I missed all 14 fairways and all 18 greens.  :P

Anthony Gray

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »

Tom Paul,

What a charmed life. When I was a kid the only time I went to Macdonalds was for a birthday or after I pitched a no-hitter in little leage. Loved the happy meals.

Anthony

A no hitter?  That's cool.  The only no hitter I ever had was last week when I missed all 14 fairways and all 18 greens.  :P

You have been golfing with Garland too much Bill. When I was a kid I had an amazing slow ball.

Anthony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »

Tom Paul,

Anthony

You have been golfing with Garland too much Bill. When I was a kid I had an amazing slow ball.

Anthony

I was one pitch away from a no-no...the bastage.

But i played in a really good Little League where no-nos were not very common either.. ;D

The 13 yr old all-star team from my league made it to the World Series my last year in and the 14-15 yr old team made it to the World series when i was 12.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
The 13 yr old all-star team from my league made it to the World Series my last year in and the 14-15 yr old team made it to the World series when i was 12.

So what's the big deal Kalen? They let everyone into the LL WS. They even let Taiwan in!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2009, 06:43:18 PM »

Could CBM's introduction to OTM by his grandfather an R&A member be a defining moment in American golf?

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »
Anthony,

You have to know/remember that CBM was not the only one to sit at the feet of OTM. Ross also was perhaps strongly influenced by OTM.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
Anthony,

You have to know/remember that CBM was not the only one to sit at the feet of OTM. Ross also was perhaps strongly influenced by OTM.

I had noidea of this either...please tell me more. It looks like I'll have to do some research on my own.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back