News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

London area Request
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
I'm trying to worm my way onto Swinley Forest in Oct.  I'm quite aware that SF is one of the more quiet and under-the-radar clubs in the London area.  I have a canned intro letter/email that I usually send clubs.  It often doesn't get me far but being a wondering single with at least remote prosects, I'm willing to try anyway.  Searching the web and my other sources I can find exactly zero references of a website or POC for SF.  I have a phone number but would prefer to write rather than call.  Anybody know if they have such a site?  Know of a pro/secretary email address?  Thanks for supporting my habit!  JC

David_Tepper

Re: London area Request
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
According to the 2002 AAA Guide To Britain's Golf Courses, the address for Swinley Forest is Coronation Road, Ascot SL5 9LE.
Phone # is 01344 874979. Fax # is 01344 874733.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:51:14 AM »
Jonathon,

SF does not have a website, I suggest a letter of introduction from your club and a personal letter describing your interest in Colt and your desire to play SF. Give them as many choice of dates as you can. You need to write to the secretary not the pro, useful to call them and ask for the secretary's name for your letter.

Good luck!

Mark
Cave Nil Vino

Paul Nash

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
Last time I was there I had a chat with the pro who is a nice guy and he said that if I fancied playing in the future to give him a call as they can often tack on small groups to existing society plans that don't end up taking all the space. From memory, I think the pro is called Stuart, but I can't think of his last name.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »
Sent you a PM.

Gareth Williams

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 08:24:45 AM »
Last time I was there I had a chat with the pro who is a nice guy and he said that if I fancied playing in the future to give him a call as they can often tack on small groups to existing society plans that don't end up taking all the space. From memory, I think the pro is called Stuart, but I can't think of his last name.

Stuart Hill is the professional there Paul.

He's very helpful (as is his assistant too) and getting onto SF with the right introduction or speaking to right person is fairly straight forwards these days - especially out of season.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back