News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RSLivingston_III

Re: Sedgefield Pictures
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Thanks Ed, the series really helped bring back memories from playing the course about a decade ago. The clubhouse was gutted for a restoration the year I was there. Overall it looked almost nothing like what I see in the photos, it was a scruffy mess back then. But the greens were fast. I think it was #11 I four putted. I didn't remember the wee burn running across the fairways on the back, only on the front.
I can only hope to have a replay some day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:44:30 PM by RSLivingston_III »
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Ed Oden

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 09:21:02 PM »
Paul, I agree with Greg.  I don't think you can judge the course's difficulty based solely on the scores this week.  The wet conditions made for easy pickins for the pros.  Last year the winning score was -16, which is the same score that won the Players Championship this year and I don't hear anyone saying Sawgrass is too easy.  In my opinion, Sedgefield is like most tour sites.  Under the right conditions, it can be set up to play hard.  But the pros can exploit almost any course that isn't fast/firm. 

Matthew, I think the front and back nines are actually pretty equal.  11, 13, 14, 15 and 17 are all really good holes on the back.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »
Matthew, I think the front and back nines are actually pretty equal.  11, 13, 14, 15 and 17 are all really good holes on the back.

They all look like good holes to me :)
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Tim Taylor

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »
Thanks for these pics  Nice looking course. I've enjoyed seeing it on TV the past few years.

Looks like a terrific members course.

Tim

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back