News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Hines

Re: Nebraska National info
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:03 PM »
Ok, here comes the maps and Dick you started it.  http://snr.unl.edu/soilmap/NebraskaSoilMap.asp#  Being a native Nebraska goober, I always considered the sand hills being zone 12.   Where NN is located, I always assumed those were old river dunes from the Platte which is shallow meandering river and you have enough soil on top where you can grow corn.  My folks always told me that they could never grow crops in the true sand hills because the Nebraska wind/sand combination cuts down the seedlings.

NN is a nice piece of property and we should get to play some fast and firm conditions.  When I played the original 9, the greens and fairways were fuzzy.  I always assumed that was because they were trying to save on their irrigation costs.  One interesting hole stuck out in my mind was a shorter par 4 on the SW corner of the property, with interesting (grass bunkers) placements.  Now that I think about it, I don’t believe they every dug any bunkers out there?  Jim, is my memory correct?  Or can you tell anymore?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:06:39 AM by Jason Hines »

Jason Hines

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 07:46:02 AM »
Has anyone been by NN this winter?  I am going to be there at the end of May and look forward to seeing what has been done.

J.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 08:38:29 AM »
Jason. I appligize for failing to visit. I've been in Kearney a couple of times and just never made it down to the course. Next time through I promise to stop.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jason Hines

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 08:46:21 AM »
Good Morning Adam,
I see it is going to snow today in the little O, how has the winter been with respect to snow cover, temps and winter desiccation in your area?

ed_getka

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. I will be in the area in July and if our schedule allows it sounds like it would be worth popping over to take a look. Good luck with the project Jim. I haven't played any of your courses yet, but I look forward to rectifying that.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jason Hines

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »
I am bumping this thread back up again, Earth to Jim are you there Jim?

I thought I was going to make it to Kearney this spring, unfortunately life got in the way of my plans again.  Just curious if anyone has been by or if there is any other news?

This was the last article in the local news that I can remember..

http://www.kearneyhub.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=20260067&BRD=268&PAG=461&dept_id=577576&rfi=8

Adam Clayman

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
Jason, I went on property a few months ago and from what I could see nothing was being done. I mean nothing. I spoke with a bloke the other day who drives by there everyday and his impression was that they weren't even maintaining what was there. Maybe cutting grass once a week. He didn't know either.

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jason Hines

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »
Bummer.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »
Jason -- I concur with Adam's remark. I was out there earlier this month and saw some stakes -- it appeared they maybe had marked some tees and greens but nothing was going on. It looked like a ghost town.....

Jason Hines

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
It's  baaaaaaaaaaaackkk.  Sounds like they changed the name.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/news/local/article_2cc1aba7-c51f-503d-bf58-54c7c8aac05a.html

Jim, don't forget to check back in sometime when you have an update.

Jason

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back