News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Link Walsh

Re: Worst holes on otherwise great courses?
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
I'll throw two (2) for starters -- the cliosing hole at Bethpage Black -- just needs an entirely different presentation. It's not an indifferent hole -- just a bad one that should be much better given what comes before it.

The 17th at RCD -- have no idea about why a pond is there. Of the closing three holes at RCD this one sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

Maybe I'm confusing RCD with another course, but I think I saw them talking about this hole one year on the Senior British Open.  They said the water hazard is a natural spring.  It does seem to be an awkward looking tee shot though, doesn't it? 

Link, it's over 300 yards to that pond, maybe 320 from the tips.  From the "layup" area in front of the pond - for the longest hitters - it's only about 160 to the green.  The pond definitely looks out of place but it's natural and don't think it will go away.

Okay, thanks.  At least the pond isn't situated right in the middle of the tee shot landing area.  

Tim Bert

Re: Worst holes on otherwise great courses?
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »
Sandman

My 7 came at a time when I needed birdie to shoot 79 or par for a level 80.  I was playing my best scoring round on a travel course EVER - on a day that followed an ugly 102 on the Shore witnessed by you. I have made plenty of x's in my time. This, my friend, was worse.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back