News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bausch

Hey, Yang, it's a parking lot...!
« on: August 16, 2009, 06:57:57 PM »
Wow, this is good stuff.  Can Tiger put one inside of him on 18?
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Scott Warren

Re: Hey, Yang, it's a parking lot...!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
can someone post a shot-by-shot for 18 for a guy with no sat. TV to watch on?

Following it online is hard.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:59:48 PM »
Yang sticks it...game over.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »
Tiger misses his chip from off the green.... now game over for sure unless something extremely strange happens.

@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Scott Warren

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
So Yang makes birdie to win it?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
YES
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
Yang makes birdie to win.  Tiger makes bogey.  Wow!  Great for Korea and all of Asia.  All you GCAs want to build a course in Korea?

Phil McDade

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »
Scott:

Both bogeyed 17 after both missed 8 footers for par.

Yang just on the edge of the fringe rough with drive on 18; Tiger in right-side fairway.

Yang hits hybrid 3-wood to about 8 feet on 18 -- a really incredible shot with what was on the line. Tiger hits 5-iron that hits green and bounces into the very first foot of rough beyond green.

Tiger hits low chip out of rough and knows right away he's missed it left and too quick, about 8 feet passed hole.

Yang makes uphill birdie putt; Tiger misses for bogey, loses by three.

The 3-wood hybrid by Yang was one of the better shots hit with a major on the line in recent years. That and his chip-in eagle on 14 will be the two shots replayed over the years.

Really good stuff down the stretch under some tough, windy conditions.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
So Yang makes birdie to win it?

He only needed to par...birdie was icing (at that point...Tiger then missed his putt so Yang would have won with a bogey).
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
Can't wait for the Grand Slam of Golf this year...  ::)

Four-for-four in 2009 with disappointing majors. Just to be clear not taking anything from YEY because he played very well. But yeah.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »
no no no...hey yang! it's a wanamaker!
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
So, is that the sound of the golf industry rushing off to get a Korean version of Rosetta Stone?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:18:40 PM by Ralph_Livingston »
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Anthony Gray

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
Yang makes birdie to win.  Tiger makes bogey.  Wow!  Great for Korea and all of Asia.  All you GCAs want to build a course in Korea?

Y por golf en todo el mundo.

Antonio

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
How many courses are in the works in Asia? I don't recall any being mentioned in Tom Doak's thread.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Anthony Gray

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »

This is good for golf. Is't Tiger asian?

Anthony

Carl Rogers

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
What's next? ... Will the Earth stop revolving around the sun?

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
Can't wait for the Grand Slam of Golf this year...  ::)

Four-for-four in 2009 with disappointing majors. Just to be clear not taking anything from YEY because he played very well. But yeah.

Matthew,,

I was not disappointed, the best man won in each event. The 3 Rescue club shot was as good a shot on the final hole of a Major as I have seen in many a year.

Bob

Scott Warren

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »
I agree with Bob H. Yang went out and won it with his own hands, can't fault that. Can't wait to see the eagle and approach to 18 on replay!

Will MacEwen

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 07:44:46 PM »
Matt,

I just don't see how someone finally waxing Tiger in the final group on the final day is disappointing.

This makes future majors where Tiger leads much more interesting, imo.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »
For me it's just that the guy I was rooting for in each one didn't win, and in fact lost in painful, heartbreaking fashion. I know not everybody was rooting for the guys I was - in my case it was Perry, Mickelson, Watson, and Woods. I think I wanted to see history in each one. And I realize Yang did produce a sort of history, but Tiger would have produced history too, and I was just cheering for the one who lost.

I don't disagree with anything you guys said - I was just pulling hard for the other guy every time!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:32 AM »
My hat is off to a great man who won a major with the best player in the game playing with you. Yang you made a shot of a lifeltime when it mattered. Congratulations.

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 12:42:30 AM »
This was so exciting.  Just for the simple reason that, since Bob May 9 years ago, someone really stood up to TW in a major.  It's obvious Tiger didn't have his best stuff today, and watching around 8th hole, when Padraig made 8, I initially thought "ah, here's another major Tiger gets handed to him".  Because most of the other guys under par for the tournament were still 3-4 shots back.  Glover and Stenson had a lot of ground to make up, Els didn't do much of anything today.  Padraig was pretty much too far back after the 8th hole debacle.  Vijay's chances went out the window yesterday.  The same could have been said about Bethpage in 02, as far as TW winning with a "B" game, although Phil made a few questionable plays there on Sunday.  But, still, the golf course wasn't exciting to watch, but the tournament itself was exciting.  Yang is awesome.  This is good for golf.  I'm a huge Tiger fan, I'm in awe of him.  But over the past 10 years, it got to be boring to watch him walk away with major after major while the closest pursuers didn't push him at all.  

Watching TGC tonight, somebody, maybe Rosaforte, said something about Yang being a Jack Fleck to Tiger's Hogan.  Nonsense.  
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »
This was so exciting.  Just for the simple reason that, since Bob May 9 years ago, someone really stood up to TW in a major.  

I'm sorry Doug but were you stuck at work last year on June 16th?
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
This was so exciting.  Just for the simple reason that, since Bob May 9 years ago, someone really stood up to TW in a major.  

I'm sorry Doug but were you stuck at work last year on June 16th?

Thanks for the sarcasm, it's 1am here, yeah, I suppose I'm a little tired, up since 6am and just drove back from the shore and it slipped my mind.  And, I was working June 16 last year.  Because you've added so much to the thread by calling me out on a simple omission.  Give me a break.  
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Kalen Braley

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »
Let it be officially noted for those who didn't watch.

YE Yang in no way was given, gifted or backed into this thing.  He went out and shot lights out on the back 9 with a eagle on 14 and birdie on 18 to stick it to Tiger.  That 3 hybrid on 18 was remisnicnt of the gritty Bruin hitting 5w at a certain US Open years ago.

My hats off to YE for keeping it light with big Sunday smiles and turned absolutly assassain on the back 9. :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back