News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

rjsimper

Re: Best Los Angeles public access
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Scott,
Michael gives the best advice - listen to him and you will play the best public and the best private courses in LA for your 2 rounds.

A word to the wise...

The drive from Moorpark up the 101 to San Luis Obispo, and then hwy 1 from there to Monterey takes MUCH longer than you'd expect.  Oh, it's well worth it and is spectacular in so many ways, but 300 miles will take a minimum of 6 hours and probably more if you plan for scenic turnouts.

I only say this in case you make dinner plans in the Monterey area and calculate based on mileage and assume an average speed.  That drive always takes longer than people think.  Normally I think of 300 miles as 5 hours conservatively.

Have fun...sounds like you have a hell of a trip planned.

David Stamm

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »

The drive from Moorpark up the 101 to San Luis Obispo, and then hwy 1 from there to Monterey takes MUCH longer than you'd expect.  Oh, it's well worth it and is spectacular in so many ways, but 300 miles will take a minimum of 6 hours and probably more if you plan for scenic turnouts.

Slow poke! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

rjsimper

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »
Slow poke! ;)

I think what you meant to say was "Ocean whore!"

David Stamm

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
Slow poke! ;)

I think what you meant to say was "Ocean whore!"

Looks the same at 100 mph! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Joe Perches

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Rustic is that good.  Play it a couple times if you get the chance.  It can be walked in 2.5 hours if you play early.

I have to agree with the sentiment, and I believe I'm a relatively fast walker, but I don't think I've ever played it that fast.

Even when it was burned out, playing with 14 holes open in great conditions by myself with nobody else around.
Of course I was playing multiple balls and 40+ holes those days.  _That_ was great.

Good luck with your trip.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back