News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

I would like to share a littlte from my recent road trip across the country then across the state of Washington.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

On the way to Atlanta I had the pleasure to meet and talk with fellow GCAer John Cullum. John was at Barnsley Gardens to officiate a tournament. We spent 3 hours together but seemed like 10 minutes. I hope to have more time with John again. I wish he would have been the divorce attorney for my first, second, and third wives. Thanks for your time John. It was a pleasure.

Garland and I played Chambers Bay the day before The Grudge Match. It was nice to see each other again.

A little advice. DO NOT show up at Chambers Bay at 4:30 in the morning. The gate is locked.

Jay Flema was in town to cover The Grudge Match and agreed to carry our clubs.

One surprise. The lone fir tree is not near as tall as I thought it would be.

It was nice to have GCA celeb Tom Huckaby (on the left) and Eric Smith (on the right) to join us.

Eric had his A game

Eric keeping it in the slot

Tom had a little trouble around this bunker but overall played well and as always was good company

Chambers is a course that is difficult to loose a ball, but there is trouble to be found.

The mounding on the par 4 7th looks like Garland laying on his back

The par 5 8th. Garland got up and down from the service path to close out our match

Garland's up and down impressed the crowd. The people behind him on the ridge clapped

Because I lost the match, I had to get a tattoo

Anthony

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:06:51 PM by Anthony Gray »

John Mayhugh

None of the photos posted are of me.  Gotta be really, really, hot & humid to find me wearing a glove.

I guess I don't get the joke?

Garland Bayley

None of the photos posted are of me.  Gotta be really, really, hot & humid to find me wearing a glove.

John,

Please post a joke that you do get.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joe Hancock

John,

I don't get it either, unless it's a poke at you guys who tend to be somewhere in the world playing golf...a lot! (lucky bastards!)

I have to admit the picture of Garland sizing up the tree made me laugh.

Maybe the guys name was Hugh Mayjohn and Garland got confused....... ;D

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jim Thompson

I would like to share a littlte from my recent road trip across the country then across the state of Washington.

On the way to Atlanta I had the pleasure to meet and talk with fellow GCAer John Cullum. John was at Barnsley Gardens to officiate a tournament. We spent 3 hours together but seemed like 10 minutes. I hope to have more time with John again. I wish he would have been the divorce attorney for my first, second, and third wives. Thanks for your time John. It was a pleasure.

Garland and I played Chambers Bay the day before The Grudge Match. It was nice to see each other again.

Does this remind anyone of Fight Club????
Jim Thompson

Eric Smith

This is not me...

I,

like Anthony,

always play golf with my shirt tucked in.  ;)

Garland Bayley

Can't fool us Eric.

You know the old saying, when in Jordan Wall country do as Jordan Wall does.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

In all honesty that is not Tom Huckaby. That is my brother Tony who lives in Seattle.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

The mounding on the par 4 7th looks like Garland laying on his back

Your best post since the Tommy N, Peter W one.
 ;D

Tom Huckaby

Anthony - I got it when it was Mayhugh!

It worked better with him as he is far more omnipresent than I.  But oh my yes I did laugh either way.....

;D

John Mayhugh

John,

All I ever needed to know about golf course architecture I learned from Anthony Gray. 

How's that?   :D

Garland Bayley

John,

All I ever needed to know about golf course architecture I learned from Anthony Gray. 

How's that?   :D

Good one John! That's why we love you!

Mike Hendren

Anthony

Anthony,  for future reference there's really  no need for you to include this warning in your posts.  Also, please let Garland know that one should exit a bunker at its lowest point - not through its face.

Just trying to be helpful.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Garland Bayley

Anthony

Anthony,  for future reference there's really  no need for you to include this warning in your posts.  Also, please let Garland know that one should exit a bunker at its lowest point - not through its face.

Bogey

Bogey,

You know if they put those bunkers in the way of me getting to my ball, then I have to traipse through them to save my steps. After all, you know Donald Ross would have a calvary troop ride through them before the commencement of play. Just think of me as a miniature calvary troop.

Double Bogey
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:12:39 PM by Bayley R. Garland »

Anthony Gray

Anthony

Bogey

Bogey,

Nice to hear from you. Garland did enter the bunker on the low side..............for his first shot. His first shot stayed on the lip so he walked up the face of the bunker to hit his second bunker shot. After getting there he realized he had to take a different approach and stand on the edge of the green than inside the bunker. He pulled off an excellent shot.....but the great accomplishment was not loosing his balance and falling back into the bunker. I am a rich man for having a golf buddy like Garland. I wish you the same.

Peace,

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back