News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

hazeltine preview
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »
Again...this is not an "architecture only" piece, but is meant for everybody, casual and ardent fan alike.

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/the_2009_pga_championship_hazardous_hazeltine_wont_dampen_minnesotas_legendary_passion_for_golf

Shouts of anger from Chicago in 3...2...1...:)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Greg Krueger

Re: hazeltine preview
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Jay, enjoyed the article. In my opinion Hazeltine is a lot better than than most people think, including
you obviously  ;D but that's all right, I think it will be a very exciting championship just like 2002 was.

P.S. I did see a little typo: when talking about the best par 5 you mentioned #5, it is really #7.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
Jay,

I think you meant to be complimentary toward Minnesotans but, as a native Midwesterner, let me suggest that you're characterizations tended toward stereotype and caricature. 

But, this is what really disturbed me:  "Still, summers in Minnesota are glorious: . . . tousle-haired freckle-faced blonde boys . . . ."   

Jay Flemma

Re: hazeltine preview New
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »
are you telling me there are no tousle-haired freckle-faced blond boys in minnesota?  I know four off the top of my head.  

Yes, the par-5 that is best (to me) is 7, and i see that I had that in my draft.  My editor likes to put the long spelled out version into AP form, so I'll have that fixed in a jiffy.  Tx.

Tiger tee time:  thurs ten tee 8:35 with beem and harrington.  fri at 1:45 off first tee...so he can do exactly what he did at southern hills...close the proceedings (of thereabouts) with a 64ish...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:19:12 PM by Jay Flemma »
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tim Pitner

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »
Jay,

If your tastes run toward Scandinavian men, that's your business, but leave the boys alone. 

Brad Swanson

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Jay,

I think you meant to be complimentary toward Minnesotans but, as a native Midwesterner, let me suggest that you're characterizations tended toward stereotype and caricature. 

But, this is what really disturbed me:  "Still, summers in Minnesota are glorious: . . . tousle-haired freckle-faced blonde boys . . . ."   

Spot on Tim.  Of course we all know that those jet black pompadored, pinky ringed Tony Soprano wannabe New Yawkers will just fugghetaabouuutit.

Jay Flemma

Re: hazeltine preview New
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »
Well is Keillor stereotyping when he writes about mid-westerners?  he said something similar:)  

...and I never wore a pinky ring in my life:)

Hey Tim, meet my buddy's kids...

even the sign has a tousle-haired, freckle-faced blond boy!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:36:25 PM by Jay Flemma »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back