News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - FINAL CALL!
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
Who's our team Captain? Let's get some strategy in place so we don't accidentally win this thing.....

Looking at the signup sheet, I think that strategy was taken care of as soon as the rosters were set.  :-X

Joe Hancock

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »
Who's our team Captain? Let's get some strategy in place so we don't accidentally win this thing.....

Looking at the signup sheet, I think that strategy was taken care of as soon as the rosters were set.  :-X

Ouch.

But true.

:P
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Eric Smith

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »
Anyone have the current standings on this thing? I'm pretty sure Team North is at least on a two-year winning streak.

I'm not ashamed to tell you guys that I've personally lent a less than stellar 0-3-1 record in the last two iterations.  Much better now though.  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »
As captain of the North team (although I was born in George and have lived in the South for many years, I grew up in Northern California), I can assure everyone that there will be strategery involved although I still thinking it up.

There will be some handicapping of matches since the South is stronger top to bottom by a couple of shots per man, not our fault.  ;D  Anyone who wants to partner with someone on the North side, please send me an IM so we can work it out.

JC Jones

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
You probably dont want to pair me with anyone good; 18 holes looking at my swing could ruin their game.

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2009, 11:05:56 AM »
I just want to wish everyone a great time!  Whit throws a helluva party and the apres golf is terrific - suthin hospitality at it's finest!.  Let's see if the North can take this thing.  Have fun and I can't wait to see pix.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »
I'll bring my camera and laptop and post pics each night!
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2009, 10:44:16 AM »
That's the official North team strategy, get you southern yahoos drunk so much that you cant even see your ball the next morning.

As Jamey Bryan just sits in the corner smiling...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
My reputation somewhat embarrasses me, but I must admit that I like the thought that those damyankees think they can gain such an advantage.......    think of it, free drinks, then.....!!!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
I regret I cannot attend but I have retired the clubs and found a new avocation.  Lest their be any doubt that I am a true hillbilly, I will be performing tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Mother Church of Country Music - the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.  Move over Hank, Sr., Patsy Cline, Bob Hope, Minnie Pearl, Jon Bon Jovi, Johnny Cash, Will Rogers and Elvis - here comes Bogey!

True.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »
I regret I cannot attend but I have retired the clubs and found a new avocation.  Lest their be any doubt that I am a true hillbilly, I will be performing tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Mother Church of Country Music - the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.  Move over Hank, Sr., Patsy Cline, Bob Hope, Minnie Pearl, Jon Bon Jovi, Johnny Cash, Will Rogers and Elvis - here comes Bogey!

True.

Wha choo gonna sing?  Can you post a wmv on this music criticism site?

Mike Hendren

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2009, 09:45:15 AM »

Bill,  I negotiated total artistic license on my performance and accordingly it will not be available on the web.

I will be singing "This Is It" - better known as the opening theme to the Bugs Bunny Show - would I make that up?  My costume would make Porter Wagoner blush.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Joe Hancock

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2009, 09:50:17 AM »
Bogey,

Any chance you'll be in performance the week before DC 2009? I'd take an extra day to witness the greatness! As it stands, I could at the very least make a stop in Nashville for a meal with you on my way to Ninety Six.....where do they come up with these names in the South?

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bill_McBride

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »

Bill,  I negotiated total artistic license on my performance and accordingly it will not be available on the web.

I will be singing "This Is It" - better known as the opening theme to the Bugs Bunny Show - would I make that up?  My costume would make Porter Wagoner blush.

Bogey

I thought Porter only blushed when he saw some of Dolly's costumes!  Hmmm.

Eric Smith

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »
3 of the Southern Rebs on the march to Aiken...

Care to guess who?

Winner gets an authentic southern pecan log roll and/or beverage of choice upon arrival at the bar on Thursday night.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Eric,
Do I get a guess?

Eric Smith

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »
Eric,
Do I get a guess?

No.  But would you please pick up some pecan logs in Jellico on your way down?

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »
Unfortunately, we have had our first casualty of the 2009 Dixie Cup... Rich Hetzel has had to cancel due to a family illness.

This means we have ONE spot open at Palmetto on Friday, November 6.

If you would like to take Rich's place please email me ASAP at md.whitaker@charter.net.

EVENT DETAILS:

Friday, November 6
  • Golf at Palmetto Golf Club www.palmettogolfclub.net
  • Play will begin prior to 8:30AM Cost:  $65 walk    $80 ride
  • Group Dinner at the private Green Boundary Club. Cost:  $40-$50 as we will cover the cost for our hosts.
  • Feature Presentation by Dr. Joe Spencer, past president of Palmetto Golf Club, on the history of the club and course.

Saturday, November 7
  • Golf at Aiken Golf Club www.aikengolfclub.com
  • Play will begin at 10:00AM Cost:  $20 walk    $30 ride
  • TRAVEL TO CAMDEN FOLLOWING GOLF
  • Casual get-together in Camden (location to be determined)

Sunday, November 8
  • Golf at Camden Country Club (will include a Dixie Cup vs Camden CC members competition)  www.camdencountryclub.com
  • Play will begin at 10:00AM Cost:  $50 walk    $65 ride
  • Award Ceremony immediately following golf!

PRE/POST DIXIE CUP GOLF:

Thursday, November 5
  • Golf at The Patriot at Grand Harbor in Ninety Six, SC designed by GCA.com's Paul Cowley for DL3  www.grandharbor.net/thepatriot.php?loc=gallery
  • Tee times available all day, but we have reserved three beginning at 12:30pm:  $30 walk or ride

Monday, November 9
  • Golf at Columbia CC or another Columbia area course
  • Tee times and cost to be determined

OFFICIAL HOTEL HEADQUARTERS:
We have made arrangements for a group rate at the following hotels. If you desire upscale accommodations there are numerous options available in Aiken and Camden... especially unique Bed & Breakfast Inns. Just do a Google search.

Aiken - Holiday Inn Express - WEBSITE
  • Located across the street from the course
  • Hotel Front Desk: 803-648-0999
  • Room Rate = $83.00 per night (might be available at a lower rate via the web)
  • Group Code = Dixie Cup

Camden Hotels: We're giving info on three hotels, the first is the one Jamey recommends most strongly.  It's a non-chain, locally owned motel that's not fancy but is reasonable, very convenient, clean, comfortable, and the cafe has the best breakfast in town.

Colony Inn

Telephone:  (803) 432-5508
Rate:  $65
Group Code:  Dixie Cup

Comfort Inn and Suites

Telephone:  (803) 425-1010
Rate:  $85
Group Code:  Dixie Cup

Holiday Inn Express

Telephone:  (803) 424-5000
These folks wouldn't give Jamey a group rate, but the place is fairly nice and reasonably convenient.

Jamey has arranged for a private room Saturday night at Indigo Jones, a downtown restaurant; He thinks some Camden members will join us.  There's also been a lot of interest in combining the final day of Dixie Cup play with a little fourball competition between Dixie Cuppers and Camden members.....  Jamey is working on setting that up.

>>> CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

>>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW REGISTRATIONS
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Jon Heise

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - We've Had A Cancellation - One Spot Now Open!!!
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2009, 01:34:06 AM »
Well, from the looks of it, there wont be a lot of people interested in playing Monday.  I'd like to play.  Hopefully a few others would want to join!
I still like Greywalls better.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2009, 08:05:44 AM »
Jon,

I may or not be available Monday. I'm trying to set up a meeting in Atlanta, and if it works out, I can't golf. If the meeting doesn't happen, I could play all day. That means we need to find somewhere to tee off before afternoon.

Joe

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
All those attending will have a great time.  Michael was a fantastic host when we last attended, and I still remember our trip with very fond memories.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »
Jon Heise,

If you're thinking of playing at Columbia CC I'll be there as it's my home club. So worst case you and I have have a game and if Joe or anyone else can join us that's even better. How's that?

Jon Heise

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »
Jon Heise,

If you're thinking of playing at Columbia CC I'll be there as it's my home club. So worst case you and I have have a game and if Joe or anyone else can join us that's even better. How's that?

That'll work.  Surely we'll figure it out when we all get down there.
I still like Greywalls better.

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »
I'm planning on playing also....  Camden's open on Mondays so if folks want to play early that's an option (Columbia CC is only about 35-40 minutes away, so doubles are possible if wanted).  It's going to be a great weekend (long weekend!).

Jamey

JC Jones

« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
One week from right now the South will be demoralized.

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back