News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chip Gaskins

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - Registration Details Now Available!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 11:07:56 PM »
I might be able to swing this.  I actually just emailed Mike Young as well trying to talk him into coming.

Longshadow on the way on Thursday....

Cuscowilla on the way back to ATL after....

Eric Smith

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »
If you get him to Longshadow, I'd be disappointed if you didn't go ahead and close the deal and get him on down to Aiken.

Tell him to just call me Hoke and I'll pick him up and drive him back home on Sunday!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
Thursday at Longshadow is shaping up as a great day.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »
Eric-

Isn't UT the University of Texas?

Eric Smith

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »
Eric-

Isn't UT the University of Texas?

Edit- You know we open with your alma mater in the 2012 kickoff classic.  Well one of your 3...I think your engineering masters one, you brainiac.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:05:38 AM by Eric Smith »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:35 AM »
Thursday at Longshadow is shaping up as a great day.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Are you guys going to Double D Bar-B -Que afterwards?

Anthony

JC Jones

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »

Cuscowilla on the way back to ATL after....

This is an interesting idea.  I could be up for this.  I'll be leaving Naples, FL on Thursday afternoon so I cant make Longshadow.  Unless, of course, I cancel my Thursday class like I am my Friday class ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »

Longshadow if I am correct is owned by Mike Young who also ownes Double D Bar-B-Que with former UGA greats Darrel and Daryl Snodgrass. The Snodgrasses were twin brothers that anchored UGAs defensive line for six years in the early 70's. The sweet mustard sauce goes great with the house special. DON'T GET ANY ON YA the sign says. Well done Mike.

Anthony

Bill_McBride

Q
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

Longshadow if I am correct is owned by Mike Young who also ownes Double D Bar-B-Que with former UGA greats Darrel and Daryl Snodgrass. The Snodgrasses were twin brothers that anchored UGAs defensive line for six years in the early 70's. The sweet mustard sauce goes great with the house special. DON'T GET ANY ON YA the sign says. Well done Mike.

Anthony

Six years each?  That sounds more like Alabama than Georgia.  ;)

Where is the Double D?  We went to a good BBQ after the Dixie Cup there in 2007, but not sure if that was the DDBBQ.

Jason Topp

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »
Signed up  - check
Plane ticket - check
Rental car - check
Hotel reservation - check for Aiken

House Pass - check?    (I never got an affirmative yes but I did not get a no - My wife knows who she married)

I'm coming.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »

Anthony

Anthony, unless there has been a recent change of ownership -- maybe after a big poker game? -- Longshadow is still owned by the developer who hired Mike to design the course.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »

I might be able to make it on Thursday as well.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:02 PM »

Bring it on!  We'll throw up the balls if there are six, and try to play five if that many show up.  This is the South after all, home of the fivesome!

Joe Hancock

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:09 PM »

Bring it on!  We'll throw up the balls if there are six, and try to play five if that many show up.  This is the South after all, home of the fivesome!

And I hope we play "in the leather", just for old times sake!

;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

john_stiles

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »
Bump....   I signed up.

Am also member of Palmetto GC so count me as sponsoring member as needed

Carl Nichols

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
This event looks great.  2 quick questions -- are there still spots available, and is it possible to attend just for Sat and Sun? 

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
This event looks great.  2 quick questions -- are there still spots available, and is it possible to attend just for Sat and Sun? 

Carl - Yes & Yes. We have 4 spots available at Palmetto and 8 or so at Aiken GC and Camden.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Joe Hancock

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »
Related question for participants/ viewers: If I were to leave Michigan a few days early, who/ where should I plan on stopping for some warm up rounds/ education/ other activities(involving food and beer)? Mind you, I'm no John Mayhugh, but this is looking like a two week road trip to me(one will be with my bride)......

:)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Eric Smith

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »
Related question for participants/ viewers: If I were to leave Michigan a few days early, who/ where should I plan on stopping for some warm up rounds/ education/ other activities(involving food and beer)? Mind you, I'm no John Mayhugh, but this is looking like a two week road trip to me(one will be with my bride)......

Pit stop in TN.  You may not be John Mayhugh, but I can at least take you to where you can walk in his footsteps.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »

A two week trip?  That would be more weekdays than I've played golf all of this year.  Apparently you just need my PR firm.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »

A two week trip?  That would be more weekdays than I've played golf all of this year.  Apparently you just need my PR firm.

If I'm not mistaken, you utilize AssPix.R.US as your PR firm, correct? They must be out of Nashville as well....

;D

John Mayhugh

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, you utilize AssPix.R.US as your PR firm, correct? They must be out of Nashville as well....

;D

Nashville, no.  Louisville, yes.

Tim Bert

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »
If its Nashville then he owes me a check and I owe him some PR.

Mayhugh iseverywhere!!  All the time!!  No one plays more golf on high quality courses than John!!!

That'll be $75.

Tim Taylor

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
I got a $73 rate for the Holiday Inn Express from their website. Two double beds if anyone wants to share a room. I snore some but I don't put out  ;D

Tim

JC Jones

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »
I got a $73 rate for the Holiday Inn Express from their website. Two double beds if anyone wants to share a room. I snore some but I don't put out  ;D

Tim

Hancock would have been in until your last sentence....
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back