News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dale_McCallon

What made the 18th at WS so hard?
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
This hole just seemed to be impossible for the best players in the world.  Was it the wind direction?  Sunday's hole location?  Is the driving area too small?  Is it just a case of play it as a par 5 and if you make a 4 even better?

It looked like the teeing ground is set beneath the fairway..I don't know I've never been there, but it did look like it was an uphill tee shot, so maybe the players couldn't see the fairway?

I'm still trying to decide if I like WS.  It certainly is an engineering feat, and I thought it provided a great tournament.  Much of the bunkering seems pointless and I can imagine that the intimidation factor is quite high.

Mike Hendren

Re: What made the 18th at WS so hard?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
Dale, like several other holes at WS, the tournament tees are well below the other markers - in the case of the 18th it's hard against the lake and perhaps the lowest spot on the golf course.  Dramatically uphill and totally blind.  Frankly, I would have liked to see the markers moved up at least one day to see if any of the players tried to reach the alternate left hand fairway which didn't exist when I played there ten or so years ago.  '

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
The tee was moved up on Sunday. It was mentioned the yardage for the final round was 469 yards.
Be the ball

Mark McKeever

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »
I had also noticed they werent using the back teeing area on Sunday.  Is that far back teebox even lower?

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back