News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Sullivan

Prairie Club Update?
« on: July 28, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
Does anyone have any recent updates regarding The Prairie Club?  Any pictures?

Frank Sullivan

Re: Prairie Club Update?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
Crickets?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
Crickets?

Frank,

Not to be a sour puss...but it took me no more than 15 seconds to find this using a Google Search on "Prairie Club"   ;)

http://www.theprairieclub.com/

Frank Sullivan

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Crickets?

Frank,

Not to be a sour puss...but it took me no more than 15 seconds to find this using a Google Search on "Prairie Club"   ;)

Hey Kalen aka sour puss:)

I've been to the website several times and have the newsletter...I was just hoping there were some recent updates similar to the Ballyhack project.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »
Crickets?

Frank,

Hey Kalen aka sour puss:)

I've been to the website several times and have the newsletter...I was just hoping there were some recent updates similar to the Ballyhack project.

Not a problem...wasn't sure what level of granularity you were looking for in those updates!!   

If you find any tasty links, be sure to throw em our way so we can drool too!!   ;D

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »
Search engine is not too good these days, but here is a recent thread:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,40499.0/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:29:43 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 08:35:57 PM »
I talked to Mark Amundson not too long ago.  It sounded like everything was on track.  The last holes they had to hydroseed were growing in well.  The pictures on the website certain show progress and promise.  It sounds like the membership roster is going pretty strong given the economic environment.  Probably testament to the lower cost membership model Paul Schock wanted to utilize.

Sounds like they may do a membership event there late this summer/fall and then the grand opening will be next spring.

I have seen it and it will be a special place.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:42:29 PM »

I have seen it and it will be a special place.

All right Chip, cough it up.

1. Lottery,
2. New business took off or
3. Screw it, if I am going down, it might as well be at Cypress/Shinnecock/Sand Hills......

I mean who just goes to see Prairie Club?

PS. Said with love and jealousy!  :D

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »
Mike-

1) Certainly no lottery win
2) Unfortunately no new business taking off either, hell I was laid off earlier this year from the start-up I helped start!!!!
3) Maybe a little of this one is true....too many great places see and great people to meet...lets just go see them!

I was fortunate enough to find myself in a foursome a few years ago with Mark Amundson at Dismal River.  One thing lead to another and six months later lead me to Sand Hills and a visit late last year up to Prairie Club in progress.  I spent the day there walking around talking GCA and business models.  Great times, they have a special place there!

Ron Farris

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 01:11:52 AM »
I spent the weekend at the Prairie Club with Chris Brands of the Lehman Design Group.  They have had an incredible amount of rain this spring-summer in the Prairie Club area.  A tornado sent the General Manager to the cellar a while back.  I have thousands of pictures of the project but out of respect for the owner and partners I won't post.  I think too much information takes away from the mystique of the place.  Anyway, People are far too judgmental on this site when it comes to pictures and their views of what is good, bad, and ugly.  I will say that it is a beautiful place and I have had a blast working with Tom and Chris.

Paul Shock, Mark Amundson, Tyler Swedberg, Ross Buckendahl, and a plethora of others are making The Prairie Club a unique golfing experience.  I trust the food and wine will be fabulous so it is with great anticipation that I wait for the place to open. The clubhouse foundation is in and the grow-in is somewhat behind due to the very cold spring and less than ideal summer.  The country side is still green when normally this time of year the native grasses have turned brown. 

Amazingly there were no hotel/motel rooms available on Saturday in Valentine.  So if you are thinking of making a quick trip out to see the course and purchase a membership, you better check in advance on accommodations.  Born and raised in the area makes my opinion a little biased, but I will say that The Prairie Club has its merritt.  (Merritt Dam is near by and the fishing has been pretty good!  Of course not everyone likes Walleye).

As I was leaving the site on Sunday I noticed Mark Amundson was on site.  Perhaps he could give a responsible update. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back