News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

A different view of a golf course......
« on: July 25, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »
Not to get religious or to push anything on anyone but this was just sent to me and related to golf and had a different slant to it...
Interesting....golf course affect even non golfers ;)

As a young lender, I helped finance a beautiful new private golf course called Shadow Glen. As a perk, I was invited to play the course before it opened publicly. No houses had been built yet, and it was nestled in a gorgeous remote setting. As I stood on a beautifully manicured fairway, I marveled as deer and squirrels frolicked nearby.

Seeing the excellence of man’s work on that golf course, interwoven with the marvel of God’s creation, left me breathless. Although I was not a believer at that point in my life, I recall an immediate respect and acknowledgement of God in my soul. I knew instinctively that there was a God, and that He had some pretty amazing talent.

As I carefully examined the design and features of that golf course, I also realized that the work of the men and women involved in that process was also a thing of beauty. Their God-given talent shone. Whether it was the groundskeeper who immaculately kept the grounds finely manicured, or the CFO who helped negotiate the funding, every person involved played a role in a creation of beauty that drew me a step closer to God that day.

In Genesis 1 we read the account of God creating the earth, the vegetation, the animals, and man. In verse 31 we read, “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.”

Creative people in the workplace have always had my admiration. Although I do not always understand or appreciate the beauty that others create, that doesn’t take away from the fact that if done by using their God-given talents, it is very good in God’s sight. If you are using God’s gifts to create, whether it’s a painting, a golf course, or even a spreadsheet, your work is beautiful in God’s sight, and should be celebrated.
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

C. Squier

Re: A different view of a golf course......
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
....and as an old lender you're just happy to see the note paid down!

But seriously, it is fun to see the results of smart, passionate and creative people.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
Mike,

That's nine references to God in as many sentences.    Are you trying to rehabilitate your image so that it will be more acceptable to the ASGCA?
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »
Mike,

That's nine references to God in as many sentences.    Are you trying to rehabilitate your image so that it will be more acceptable to the ASGCA?

Jim,
Come on.....I don't mix or discuss religion....especially with ASGCA ;)  but I don't even think that would work ;D
I actually thought it was interesting that the guy appreciated the work that much....as a matter of fact....I have always liked Jay Moorish work and Shadow Glen is a really good golf course.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »
We actually had an almost-spiritual experience here today. One of our youngish members, a guy in his mid-thirties, actually showed up WEARING CAPRI PANTS !!!!!  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

We thanked our lucky stars for that.  ;)

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Norbert P

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »
One of our youngish members, a guy in his mid-thirties, actually showed up WEARING CAPRI PANTS !!!!!  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

The Thunderbolt Kid lives !!!  (Bill Bryson)   (It happened to him when he was a kid. His mother said they were pirate pants.)
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
We actually had an almost-spiritual experience here today. One of our youngish members, a guy in his mid-thirties, actually showed up WEARING CAPRI PANTS !!!!!  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

We thanked our lucky stars for that.  ;)

"Capants" 

---  JAKAB's Son
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back