News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wade Whitehead

Preliminary dates for the third annual Saul Shootout at Ballyhack Golf Club are September 13-15, 2013.

This event is open to GCAers and invited guests.  Players are invited to arrive on Friday and depart on Sunday, playing as many of the three days as desired.  The Saul Shootout takes place on Saturday followed by dinner and revelry.

Last year's champion, Andy Hughes, has guaranteed a repeat and has contacted me several times over the winter to inquire about the quality of this year's field.  Only time will tell if he successfully defends and if anyone can rival his performance on the annual Quiz.  The George Cup cares only that it is held by a worthy winner.

I'll be posting registration information later on but wanted to post the date so interested parties can mark calendars now.

More soon, and I look forward to it.

WW

Kevin Lynch

Calendar is marked and looking forward to another visit.  Hickories will be ready to go, with an extra set in tow for any adventurous souls wanting to expand their horizons.

As in years past, if slots are limited, I would gladly cede my spot to any new attendees so they can have a chance to experience the course.

Thanks, Wade.

Wade Whitehead

The Gregarious Irishman is on the list.  Livingston is returning and says he'll play at least nine holes with hickories if you can bring the extra set.

WW

Andy Hughes

I have been studying for months, hoping to double my quiz score from 1 to 2. ("Star City of the South"!).  I hope to again crush the competition and hear the lamentations of their women--that is what is best in life.

Please tell Livingston I forgive him for leaving us stranded in the middle of the course as the moon was rising--we did need to finish our 53rd hole of the day though.
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Wade Whitehead

Re: 3rd Annual Saul Shootout for The George Cup @ Ballyhack Golf Club
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:05:30 PM »
So, I've received a few responses and would like to firm cottage reservations with the club.  Anyone else who would like to partake, please let me know.  The golf course is better than ever and I will be dusting the George Cup sometime this weekend.

Current field includes:
     Andy Hughes
     Livingston Lewis
     Kevin Lynch
     Carl Rogers
     Scott Weersing

Thanks.

WW

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
Wade, I can play Friday and Saturday if that is possible.  I have Sunday engagements. 
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Lester George

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
Wade,

I look forward to being there!  What can I bring? 

Lester

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
Wade,

I look forward to being there!  What can I bring? 

Lester

A prettier face.  ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:41:50 PM »
Lester:

Bring a sharpie so you can sign the pinflag awarded to the winner.  If you win, I'll get Tommy DiGeronimo to sign it.

WW

Lester George

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
Wade,

Happy to sign if you want me to.  I won't be playing, even if just to prevent Digeronimo from signing!

Lester

Scott Weersing

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
Here are some photos from last year:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,52757.25.html

I am looking forward to a return trip.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
Scott,

thanks for the pics, they are great!

for those in the Eastern half of the US, Ballyhack is a really unique place and truly worth a visit.   Wade and the club are deserving of a real debt of gratitude ... a very high value event.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

JC Jones

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »
I'm in.  I haven't seen McBride in a few years and never miss a chance to sip with Mr. George!

Looking forward to my first trip to Ballyhack.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Entries are closed, and email has been sent to the current field.  Please check and reply if you haven't already.

Neither former George Cup winners will be on hand, so we're guaranteed a new champion.

I'm sure updates will emerge as the event plays out.

WW

JC Jones

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »
160 miles out.  Stock the bar.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
I am NOT happy to not be cruising down the highway at the moment :-[

Wade, I hope there is a quiz question related to the greatest and best-looking George Cup champion.

JC Jones

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
What a Great time at the George Cup.

Wade is a gracious host and puts on a fantastic event.  I could not have had a better time and all the credit goes to Wade.

Well, not ALL the credit.  :)  The staff at Ballyhack are second to none and everything was seemless from the time I arrived on the property to when I left today.  I wouldn't change a thing, especially not the bone-in rib eye which is unbelievable.

Congratulations to Lester to designing such a fantastic and incredibly fun golf course that keeps you going from the 18th tee to the 1st green until the sun goes down (and then to the 18th green after the sun goes down).  It truly is a great course in a beautiful setting.

If anyone hasn't played Ballyhack they need to whore an invite and if anyone hasn't played in the George Cup, they should anxiously await Wade's invite next year.  I know I am.

Thanks to Kevin, Chris, Tommy, Scott, Carl and Livingston for such a great time and congrats to Kevin on his well earned victory.

Lester George

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
Fun time had by all.  Great job by "Wade the Teacher" who kept us all on our toes.  He drove the 18th green from the "top" tee on 17 (a mighty lash) and won the two hole challenge match against myself and Paul Howell with his partner JC Jones.  

I would encourage everyone to contact Wade about next years Saul Shootout as there will be a larger field with a special incentive to participate and win.  Working on it myself.  Thanks Wade.

Thanks to all of this years competitors.

Lester

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 12:10:35 PM »
Glad to hear everyone had a great time.  I really enjoyed my visit there and hope to get back soon.

They do it right at Ballyhack!  

Carl Rogers

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 08:06:22 PM »
Wade,  A terrfic experience and great event.  Having Lester there explaining the early Ballyhack routings was something I will remember as long as my brain functions (after the dinner and party, some might view the claim that it functions now as arguementative).

I formally request hints on what to study for the quiz next year.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Scott Weersing

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »
I am not sure what is better, the golf course or the characters at the George Cup. I had a great time finding new places to try to hit golf shots. I enjoyed the format, the jokes, and the stories as well. Thanks to Wade for organizing such a fun event.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
Scott, I know you have a load of pictures from the weekend.   ;)  Any chance you can post 'em?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back