News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will Smith

Please help with this quick survey
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
Guys-

I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to complete this quick survey about your private club golf and golf travel experiences. It is only sixteen questions and takes about a minute.

Filling out the survey will also register you to win a foursome at the Yale Golf Club. Everyone who completes the survey will receive a .pdf of poster of Yale taken from a 1934 aerial.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=QS8vSg1XPA_2fPAOUOgANozg_3d_3d

Thanks in advance.

- Will Smith

RJ_Daley

Re: Please help with this quick survey
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
I think some answers could require brief explanation to be able to make sense.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Will Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
Which ones? Would love to get your feedback. Please fell free to private message me. Thanks. - Will

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
I'll IM you Will.  But, for instance, "What is your gender"...  :P ::) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Steve Okula

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »
Which ones? Would love to get your feedback. Please fell free to private message me. Thanks. - Will

For example, I have travelled a lot in the past to play golf, but I don't now. So while I've played golf in all the countries on the survey, I also answered that I don't travel to play golf.
The small wheel turns by the fire and rod,
the big wheel turns by the grace of God.

Will Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
We hope to get enough response that all this will take care of itself. Thanks for participating.

With most of the responses coming from GCA thus far, it is almost perfectly split between private and public golfers.

- Will

Will Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »
Thanks for all the responses so far.

Not surprisingly the main thing holding people back from joining a club is the cost.

- Will

Carl Nichols

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
Will:
FYI, the two questions that IMHO could use a little fine-tuning are 14 and 16, and in particular the last possible responses for each ("if the course is good, [traveling]/[money] is not an issue").  For me, there are courses for which I would choose this answer but I wouldn't describe them as "good" -- they would have to be world-class/top 20/something better than good. 

Will Smith

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »
Just sent out the first batch of Yale posters. Thanks for all who have participated so far.

Carl-

Yeah, some clarification would be better, but I think most people get the idea. Thanks for the feedback. Starting to get a better handle of what marketing is all about.

- Will

Sally Livingston

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
Hi Will
I hope you still have a couple Yale posters left.  :DCurious, can you tell me who your survey is for? 

Matt Day

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 03:47:21 AM »
does the Yale fourball include airfares  :)

would you like overseas respondents in the survey?

Rich Goodale

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 08:47:31 AM »
As one who has commissioned several serious consumer surveys in my past, this is not a serious one.  What are you planning to do with the data, Will?  Post the "results" somewhere as a "fact," or just have fun?  Hopefully it is the latter.

Rich

Will Smith

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:35 AM »
Sally- Thanks for participating. Just to be clear the poster is a .pdf which you can print out. I will be sending the next batch out soon.

Matt- Sorry no airfare.

Rich- You can probably guess that my background is not in marketing. Please IM me with any suggestions on how to make the survey better.

- Will

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 09:44:29 AM »
i received my poster, it's an electronic file that can be printed out as a .pdf file as large as 18 x 24.  It's an early aerial of Yale and well worth the minimal effort required to respond to Will's survey. 

I'm still trying to figure out some parts of the routing.  Once I found #9 it fell into place.  The Principal's Nose on #17 is as big as the green on this aerial!

Thanks, Will.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back