News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Cowan-Dewar

Feature Interview with Vicki Martz is posted
« on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
Bill Coore has kind words for many of his fellow architects, but when he praised the work of one of his fellow ASGCA members last year, it was the genesis of this month’s interview. After 120 interviews in ten years, Vicki Martz becomes the first female architect interviewed on Golf Club Atlas.com. Vicki has worked in the industry for almost three decades, including the last 24 years with Arnold Palmer design and among her credits is that she is one of only three female members of the ASGCA.

Vicki’s passion for her craft and her role as an environmental steward add a fresh take on the subject. Furthermore, her candid answers and the relationship with Ed Seay give credit to a man who flew under the radar for too many years. Hearing Vicki’s stories from twenty years ago, recalled with such fondness, sheds light on a firm that must be appealing, to breed such loyalty.

We are venturing to the Lowcountry for a GCA outing this November and I could not be happier to get to see Spring Island and see the course that Coore had so much admiration for. We had hoped Vicki could join us on this trip, but instead, she will be pursuing another passion - seeing Mackenzie’s work in Australia.

Brian Phillips

Re: Feature Interview with Vicki Martz is posted
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
The EIGCA education board invited Vicky to talk in Portugal a few years ago and she was fantastic to listen to.  I may not agree with the way the Arnold Palmer design their courses but the men and woman that I have met from that team are wonderful to be around.  They are very positive and treat everyone with respect.

Vicky is not only an example to women architects out there but also an example to all architects in the world.
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back