News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Asbrock

Boston Golf
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
I am going to be in the Boston Area the end of next month. Any suggestions on courses. If anyone is up for a round just email me. Thanks

Link Walsh

Re: Boston Golf
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:00:54 PM »
I played Redtail about 4 years ago and had a blast.  It has a lot of variety, great conditioning, and just a cool piece of land to work with.  I think it's on an old military base.  I think they're holding a USGA event out there this summer actually, like the Women's Publinx or something.  I want to say it's a Brian Silva design.  Give it a look online to see what you think.   

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
Waverly Oaks in Plymouth is another Brian Silva course that's well worth the effort to play. Unfortunately all the good courses in the greater Boston area are private. Did any of your ancestors by chance arrive on the Mayflower?
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Steve Kupfer

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
I will second the vote for Red Tail. Though it's not the deal it used to be, it is still a fabulous layout with some great elevation changes. Forgive the poor 18th and it's as good as public golf in metro Boston gets. Pine Hills is over priced and packed, but well conditioned and popular in the area. I also enjoyed Stowe Acres while I lived in Boston, with two 18s- North and South- the North being quite challenging and both extremely reasonable in price with great service. I thinks it's a quick drive out Rt 128

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »
I liked the course in the town of Harvard - Shaker Hills

I also enjoyed Cyprian Keys and a semi private Ross in Worchester.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
George Wright.  A wonderful Donold Ross muni in the Boston cilty limits.  Although I would recommend playing early so as to avoid a slow round.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back