News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Re: Ireland Virgin
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
OHHHHH MANNNNNN !!!  The dreaded curse of air canada continues. The golfers worst nightmare on his maiden voyage to Ireland. It's the puffin's fault I know it !!  He told the baggage guy he was going somewhere in the mid west . Stupid puffin !!

Glad you got them back ok and hope the rest of the trip is smooth sailing !

The driving get's easier and throw the GPS out the window that takes away half the fun !

Bill Gayne

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
http://Http://vagabondgolfer.blogspot.com

Jim,

Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed reading the blog and in many ways it sounds similar to my first trip to Ireland. A 77 at Portrush is impressive.

Bill

mike_malone

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 08:26:13 PM »
 When I see the pictures of Dooks on the blog I can smell that Irish air. That's why I keep going back.
AKA Mayday

Justin Broderson

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 09:20:39 PM »
I normally travel to Ireland once a year for business.  If I was going for golf/vacation I would stay in Dublin.  RCD is only about an hour and half maybe less and there is "real highway" (two lanes ;D) thats you take.  You can also drive and hour south to TEC.  Of course in Dublin you have Portmarnock.  Also The Island is in Dublin which I would highly recommend, one of my favorite courses really. 

I would recommend The Carton House Monty course for an afternoon round.  It was nice to play a relaxing country club like round after a day of getting beat up on the links.

In Dublin we found an amazing cajun place.  Great food, great scene.  www.tantezoes.com

Jason McNamara

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:06 AM »
In Dublin we found an amazing cajun place.  Great food, great scene.  www.tantezoes.com

Curious.  They actually know the difference between Creole and Cajun, which is rare enough, but then they offer hardly any dishes which belong to either cuisine.

Justin Broderson

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »
I couldn't tell you the difference myself, all that I can tell you is the jambalaya was very good.

Is jambalaya cajun or creole?

Ron Csigo

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
When I see the pictures of Dooks on the blog I can smell that Irish air. That's why I keep going back.

I completely agree with you Mike.  I've been to Ireland 2 of the last 3 years and miss it dearly.

Looking forward to Jim's blog on Old Head.  Also, I wonder if he's reconciled with Bernie. Hopefully Bernie makes it to Ballyneal and Sand Hills :D
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Jason McNamara

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
I think next time Bernie's going to ask to go in the carry-on, if not in his own seat.

__

Justin - jambalaya can be either.  Basically, if it's got tomatoes in it then it's Creole, if not then it's Cajun.  That distinction applies more generally as well, even to gumbo.  You don't see Creole gumbo much, but it exists.  Creole food is from New Orleans, Cajun food is from the area around Lafayette, 125 mi. west.  Swordfish anything is neither one and salmon anything is neither one.  There isn't a damned salmon swimming anywhere within 1500 miles of Louisiana.  Blackened anything is a newish twist that also isn't traditionally either.

But if nothing else, Tante Zoe's does not have prawns Marie Rose, so that's a start.  :-)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back