News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith Buntrock

Brown Deer Park Vandalism
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/golf/49558397.html

To sum up the article, June 23rd some doughnuts (and such) were performed on the 17th green at Brown Deer (home of the PGA Tour event opposite the British Open) less than a month before the tournament. Looking at those photos on there, maybe one of the supers on this board can discuss what would have to be done to the turf to make it as playable as possible for the tour pros. They even removed some trees behind the green to get more sunshine on the surface in the mornings.

It would really be nice to see the guilty person(s) involved be caught and then have the judge be a golfer. Perhaps assessing additional punishment for the cost of the mature trees removed behind the green as well. Just a thought.

Tim Gavrich

Re: Brown Deer Park Vandalism
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »
What a shame...the same thing happened to one of the greens here at Pawleys Plantation a couple years ago and the damaged part of the green vandalized was not playable for at least six months.  I wonder what will happen at Brown Deer.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »
Wow-there is alot of damage looking at that picture. Judging by the picture, the superintendent and his crew have aleady aerified and sanded the effected area. I'm sure in the next week, they will decide about doing any plugging or sod repair. We had a small herbicide incident this spring and the TOUR advised us not to do any sodding/plugging. When I was at Colonial, security was greatly increaded 2 weeks prior to the tournament for this reason alone.

Tony Nysse
Pine Tree GC
Boynton Beach, FL
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
hang 'em high.  on second thought, hanging's too good for 'em.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back