News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Welcome to a new GCA member, Andy Gray
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
Andy has not yet officially joined, but will in the next day or so and I want to do a nice pre-emptive welcome. Andy is from Sydney, Australia and he's a student in Civil Engineering at the University of Sydney. He also was the winner of our unofficial GCA Armchair Architecture contest from this past winter. I'd hoped he would join right away, but he waited awhile (I guess we can forgive him). He's very interested in architecture and design and I think he'll have a good and immediate impact on this site.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Andy Gray

Re: Welcome to a new GCA member, Andy Gray
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

As Charlie said I am 22 and live in Sydney. The extent of my golfing adventures does not take me far, having played only 2 or 3 times outside of Sydney. The closest I have been to a top 100 course is scuba diving in the waters next the New South Wales Golf Club, and walking around the Old course last year.

I have been reading this site for about 4 years now, after I came across it looking for information on Cypress Point Club and Pine Valley. I am looking forward to learning more about architecture and making new friends on this website, and avoiding Merion threads ;)

Thanks for the kind introduction Charlie.

Cheers,

Andy

George Pazin

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
Welcome, don't be shy about offering opinions.

Always nice to have another Aussie on board.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Stephen Britton

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
Welcome Andy!

More Aussies the better!

"The chief object of every golf architect or greenkeeper worth his salt is to imitate the beauties of nature so closely as to make his work indistinguishable from nature itself" Alister MacKenzie...

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:30:04 PM »
Will someone please get this guy onto NSW so he doesn't have to storm the beach like a Navy SEAL! ;)

Welcome again Andy, I think you'll enjoy it here.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Anthony Gray

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »

Andy,

I am so happy for you son. I am proud you have chosen to follow in your fathers footsteps. We miss you here in chattanooga son. Don't be shy and post often. Make me look good.

Anthony Gray

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
Andy-

Do you look anything like yours dad's picture, minus the gray hair of course.

Welcome.

Chip

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »
Welcome aboard Andy!

Andy Gray

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 09:38:28 PM »
Thanks all for your welcomes. I'm glad there are more Aussies on here than I thought.

Chip,

if you can imagine the lovechild of the King and Anthony, silver spikey hair inclusive, that would be me.

But in all seriousness, Anthony and I share name only, not blood. But a damn fine name it is.

Cheers,

Andy

Anthony Gray

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »

A Gray,

Welcome. Have fun. Learn and also teach. If you find yourself in trouble just say it is the other A Gray. Enjoy your youth and gather ye rose buds as you may. All the best and if you get the chance post us some pictures from your native land, we would love to learn from your experiences. Thanks for joining.

A Gray

Andy Gray

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »

A Gray,

Welcome. Have fun. Learn and also teach. If you find yourself in trouble just say it is the other A Gray. Enjoy your youth and gather ye rose buds as you may. All the best and if you get the chance post us some pictures from your native land, we would love to learn from your experiences. Thanks for joining.

A Gray

A Gray

The pictures will have to wait as I don't even have a camera  :P. However there is some truly stunning scenery around Sydney, it's really too bad about the golf courses though, with a few exceptions of course.

A Gray

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back