News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kirk

Re: Difference between God and a Golf Course Architect?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »
Sheesh.  Deleted. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:27:20 PM by John Kirk »

BCrosby

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
God has built all possible routings on a site and knows - to a moral certainty - which one is best

Architects build just one and worry for the rest of their careers about the holes that might have been.

Bob

Terry Lavin

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »
God has built all possible routings on a site and knows - to a moral certainty - which one is best

Architects build just one and worry for the rest of their careers about the holes that might have been.

Bob

God, I hope you're right.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

ward peyronnin

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 07:58:01 PM »
Ward - I think even trinitarians posit an Uncaused Cause (say Anslem, for example). But I can't go on with the analogy or else I'd risk being sacrilegious....

Hope all is well

Peter

"2 4 6 8 time to transubtantiate" and make a cross on your abdomen!! I should never have introduced the murky trinity concept..always an invite/demand for at least an encyclical or council of GCA's ( at Trent?).

And now something actually useful I now have serious suspicions that Purgatory is located at the bottom of the Quarry at Merion so do i intentionally hit it in there or just pass go and intentionally do a Tommy Nacarato and dump it in the Devils asshole?
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

John Kirk

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.

--  G.K. Chesterton

Rich Goodale

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »
Both work out of a home "office" but only one of them keeps it tidy.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
There was the old joke about the golf architect creating a very deep bunker, to which a member replied "The right of eternal punishment is reserved for God alone, not the golf course architect."
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back