News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Vandals burn Queens Golf carts
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06262009/news/regionalnews/queens/cart_attack_at_qns__links_176177.htm

My guess is eco-terrorists.  Pretty scary pix.

I know this girl that's an eco-terrorist.  Do you remember how there was a fire bombing of a guy's house last year?  They threw a molotov cocktail at his house and burned his door and porch?  it was a miracle the fire was put out quickly and no one was hurt...

Anyway she tried to justify it to me by saying, "They didn't burn his house, they just charred his entrance way."  She actually tried to tell me he deserved it, so wrote her off.  I have Zero tolerance for such people...
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Garland Bayley

Re: Vandals burn Queens Golf carts
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »
MELVYN!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

JLahrman

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »
Anyone else read American Pastoral by Philip Roth?

Ross Tuddenham

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
I hope it wasn't green terrorists as they would have to be really dumb to do that.  I want smart people solving the global warming issue. :-\

I can imagine that burning a golf cart would cause the emission of many harmful chemicals and gases into the atmosphere, not exactly in line with emissions reductions is it?

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »

Just goes to show we have a Friend in a high place – I’ll soon have to build an ark, if we do not destroy theses carts – the sign is clear they are the work of the Devil or is that ridden by Devils.  ;)

Melvyn

PS Garland, honest it was not me, Guv.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »

Just goes to show we have a Friend in a high place – I’ll soon have to build an ark, if we do not destroy theses carts – the sign is clear they are the work of the Devil or is that ridden by Devils.  ;)

Melvyn

PS Garland, honest it was not me, Guv.

Melvyn, we need an ark in NYC...more rain today!
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Carl Nichols

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »
Anyone else read American Pastoral by Philip Roth?
Yes -- great novel.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

Jay

Pleased to see you back. As for the ark, I’m done building for those at the top of the pyramid!

Melvyn

astavrides

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:52:50 PM by astavrides »

Adam Clayman

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
I would have never guessed the Queen played golf.

And, why does she need so many carts?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Norbert P

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
  Somebody better call Banacek . . .

(He was an early 70's insurance claim investigator played by the late George Peppard.)
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Anthony Butler

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »
Noted the last para:

"The course will remain open and receive loaner carts."

If the eco-terrorist's intention was to encourage people to walk, it seems like the message was not received on the other end.
Next!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
MELVYN!

I'm worried because we are starting to think alike.

Anthony

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 07:09:51 PM »
Kelly

No loyal Scotsman would harm our Queen, because she is not German, as some anti Royals in English believe. She has the Stewart blood in her veins.

So sorry guys, you will have to look elsewhere for the culprit. I for one would perhaps be asking some question in the direction of Tom H. ;)   In fact, the name Gray seems to raise many questions on this site, so Tom H may not guilty (pity, not had a good burning in St Andrews for a few centuries).

Melvyn

Jason Hines

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »
First they came for the golf carts, and I said nothing.......

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
....and then they came for the lame denizens of golf course architecture ...and I was f#@ked.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Bill_McBride

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »
Kelly

No loyal Scotsman would harm our Queen, because she is not German, as some anti Royals in English believe. She has the Stewart blood in her veins.

So sorry guys, you will have to look elsewhere for the culprit. I for one would perhaps be asking some question in the direction of Tom H. ;)   In fact, the name Gray seems to raise many questions on this site, so Tom H may not guilty (pity, not had a good burning in St Andrews for a few centuries).

Melvyn

Stewart blood or Stuart blood?

J Sadowsky

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
It's a shame.  I played my 3rd round of golf ever on that course.  Nothing of architectural merit, but a nice beginner's course and friendly staff.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »

Bill

If my memory serves me correctly the Stewart Kings of Scotland up to Mary Queen of Scots spelt the name Stewart. James the VI of Scotland (Mary’s son) who became James I of England changed the spelling to Stuart.

Some say he had such a poor round on TOC that he had to change the spelling of his name in the hope of not being recognised. Perhaps in the same way you added the Mc hoping to get closer to Scotland.  :o You will of course note that I have not added that Mc to my surname.

McMelvyn  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

Bill

If my memory serves me correctly the Stewart Kings of Scotland up to Mary Queen of Scots spelt the name Stewart. James the VI of Scotland (Mary’s son) who became James I of England changed the spelling to Stuart.

Some say he had such a poor round on TOC that he had to change the spelling of his name in the hope of not being recognised. Perhaps in the same way you added the Mc hoping to get closer to Scotland.  :o You will of course note that I have not added that Mc to my surname.

McMelvyn  ;)

McMelvyn, I have always been a "Mc," but it's a Northern Irish "Mc" from County Armagh, at least my great-grandfather who left there in the 1850's to move to the US.

In Scotland I am known as "MacBride" in a feeble attempt to pay local green fees and drink local single malts  ;D

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 07:53:59 AM »

Bill

County Armagh, so it is probable that your ancestors came over with Cromwell in the Plantation period. Thus forming the strong Protestant community in the North of Ireland around the mid 17th Century.

Most came from Scotland, so I suspect that you may well have some Mac blood running with the highland malts, wild and free within your veins.

Boy Bill, those that followed after Cromwell were a very Wild Bunch, so not much has changed over three centuries ;)

Melvyn

Bill_McBride

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »

Bill

County Armagh, so it is probable that your ancestors came over with Cromwell in the Plantation period. Thus forming the strong Protestant community in the North of Ireland around the mid 17th Century.

Most came from Scotland, so I suspect that you may well have some Mac blood running with the highland malts, wild and free within your veins.

Boy Bill, those that followed after Cromwell were a very Wild Bunch, so not much has changed over three centuries ;)

Melvyn

Well, have to say I always feel right at home in Scotland and did in Northern Ireland as well.

Chuck Brown

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »
Dear Jay,

My friend, when it comes to golf carts, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom-fighter.

Does Sandy Tatum have an allibi as to the time of this arson?

I swear, I wasn't there. 

;) ;D :-X

Lester George

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »

Seems to me that burning plastic and rubber are more harmful that a few golf carts.  Ridiculous.

Lester

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »
Lester,
Vandals (so far the only suspect group) don't have the same outlook as the mythical Queens eco-terrorists.  ::)  
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back