News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Hancock

Huntsman Springs- A visual introduction (pics!)
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
I had the good fortune to work with Nick Schaan and David Kidd on this project last year. Jim Haley gave me the opportunity, and I had a great time working on this course located on the sunset side of the Tetons. It was quite a departure for me, considering the size and scale of the property and project. It was a learning experience....but mostly, it was good fun!

I'm going to post the pictures, and then bail out and let Nick (or even Tony Snoey, Op. Manager) answer questions regarding the course and facilities. It truly is a beautiful place.

Enjoy!

Joe

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Charlie Goerges

Re: Huntsman Springs- A visual introduction (pics!)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

Dude, I can totally see you passed out behind the bucket of that loader from a hard night of partying!

;)

Seriously though, the place looks awesome. Is it public or private?
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
Charlie,

It was initially developed to be private, but I'm not sure if that business model has been redefined since the economy has become such a challenge.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »
I suppose this has be asked before on the forum, but I wonder how many courses developed for private clubs have opened for the public due to lack of members? If Huntsman Springs is, wouldn't that give DMK at least few in that position?
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Rob Rigg

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »
I thought Huntsman was going to have a "resort" aspect similar to Tetherow which meant it would be semi-private?

This is another one of those courses that I hope will survive the next few years as it does look interesting from the photos and the website and the setting is spectacular.

I assume the client asked for a course on the Bandon Dunes side of the Kidd scale versus the Castle side?

Isn't it in wetlands or something?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back