News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Re: is the 10th the worst hole at Pine Valley?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »
This thread struck me as an attempt to start an argument as opposed to a legitimate query. However, I'll bite just in case the author was dropped on his head in the delivery room.

neither is true
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
Paul,

After reading your pithy response, I decided to try and figure out how to use the smiley faces again. I was dragging and dropping them, which just populates the field with some kind of code. However, if you click on it twice (I've got a Mac of course), there it is!

You must have emerged from the womb wearing a helmet.   ;)

JSlonis

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 03:30:52 PM »
It's hard to pick a worst or best hole at Pine Valley.  To answer this threads question, I do not think #10 is the worst hole.  I think it is a very demanding short par 3.  The green is just brutal to most hole locations.  I think it plays the most difficult when the green is softer because I find it tough controlling the spin on the tee shot with the slope in that green.

I find the 12th to be the easiest on the course by a fairly wide margin, but I don't think because it is easier,  it's also the worst hole either.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:33:54 PM by JSlonis »

SPDB

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »
I think the 11th is the weakest hole by a considerable margin. The drive has some interest as you try to avoid the native area that juts in from the right while trying to keep from being blocked out by the trees as a result of going to far left.  But with that task out of the way, the approach is a relatively tame affair as is the green that awaits (even if it does have a slight false front to it).

PThomas

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
Paul,

After reading your pithy response, I decided to try and figure out how to use the smiley faces again. I was dragging and dropping them, which just populates the field with some kind of code. However, if you click on it twice (I've got a Mac of course), there it is!

You must have emerged from the womb wearing a helmet.   ;)

at least i had the helmet on Gib...whats your excuse? ;) :)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Alan FitzGerald CGCS MG

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 09:29:49 PM »
i'm not a good golfer by any stretch of the imagination ::) but 10 certainly can't be considered a weak hole. Personally left 9 is my least favorite. again its relative as it is still much better than what other courses have to offer....
Golf construction & maintenance are like creating a masterpiece; Da Vinci didn't paint the Mona Lisa's eyes first..... You start with the backdrop, layer on the detail and fine tune the finished product into a masterpiece

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back