News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Wilbur

New course PR------------how little is too little?
« on: June 05, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »
I recently emailed a new opening golf course again.   Last summer I had sent them an email for info and didn't get a reply.  My call to the person who returned the latest email was somewhat perplexing.  Residential devolopment is on hold (I understand that).  He also told me that "There are golfers ten minutes away from here that don't know we're here, and that's the way we want it."  Only by him granting me access to the "private" web site, could I see more than one picture of the course.  No nonmember play will be allowed (ok, I guess I'll just fork over the cash first), and "Just because someone gives us a check, it doesn't mean we're going to cash it."

Even though it's in a very nice location in the mountains, with today's economy it seems crazy to join a course with a marketing plan that is more negatve than positive.  Who would want to be the 12th person in, and than potentially get stuck waiting to get your membership back if it failed?  If I was the owner, I would want to get the word out so that if things did fare well, we could then be a little more like Cypress Point or others.  Does this make sense to you?

PCCraig

Re: New course PR------------how little is too little?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
What course is this? Where is it?
H.P.S.

Brad Wilbur

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
Cleat Creek Tahoe----------Coore and Crenshaw

Robert Thompson

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
This seems destined for failure. A Toronto club (Tom Fazio design) tried the same thing and ended up 200 members short and failing financially. It was recently sold for a fraction of the cost to built it.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »
Too bad...it looks like a beautiful setting.  I'm sure it would be a great place to call home.

Adam_Messix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »
Brad--

It doesn't surprise me that few people know about Clear Creek Tahoe.  I was playing with a member of Lahontan who seemed to know the Reno/Lake Tahoe area very well about Clear Creek Tahoe and he said that there was no way a course was going in where I told him and that he had never heard of it.  I wish them the best of luck because from the few pictures I've seen of it, it looks extraordinary.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »

There is usually a reason people are so quiet. You ust have to make sure it is a good reason.

Anhony

Adam Russell

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »
That's strange to hear, because I visited that "private" web site when I first heard of the project. So I just went and typed "Clear Creek Tahoe" in Google, and the first listing was C&C's course with a good deal of pretty pictures. Doesn't seem to be shunning publicity in that respect...

Although I will say that if someone told me my money would have to be upfront to join club I couldn't play beforehand and they might not cash my check if I bothered, I would be livid!
The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it.” -Lewis Grizzard

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »
I started a thread on this a while ago with a number of pictures.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,37954.0/

I'm told the opening is late July or early August.

With Martis Camp, Lahontin and the rebuilt Incline Village, Lake Tahoe is becoming somewhat of a destination for golf.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back