News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Re: Clever, timely, funny, wacky, weird titles without a thread...yet.
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »
Summer GCA Gathering / Lock-In at Victoria National – Hosted by John Kavanaugh

2 Man Best Ball Event
Limited to 12 Teams

IN (as of 6/1):

Team 4:
SPDB

$$$$

Anthony Gray

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 09:45:50 PM »

Will Post For Food

Anthony

Charlie Goerges

I've gotten some feedback and we are nearly there for your entries. Remember, the one of you that gets selected MUST post your thread idea for real, actual discussion. Get the entries in tonight if you want to be considered!

P.S. Gray, I thought you were already posting for food!
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Anthony Gray

"Has Golfclub atlas.com caused you marital problems or financial difficulty?"

Anthony

Pete_Pittock

Merion or Marion Hollins?
Her early life in Philadelphia 

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

Quote “100 Great Reasons to use a cart”.   

Gray that is tantamount to a Declaration of War.

The British Empire will defend to the death their native soil (the right to Walk). We shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny (carts), if necessary for years, if necessary alone. Feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men (real golfing men). At this time, I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength." We shall go on to the end, we shall fight (on and off the courses). We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our Island (right to Walk). Whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old." (after causing the initial problem in the first place) But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science (Carts and distance aids).

Gray, you have been warned – if all else fails I will arrange to have you balls (golf) removed from the course after each stroke, if we have to resort to Guerrilla warfare.

By Order of the Band of Brothers

Melvyn 

(Corporal,  Scottish 18th Regiment of Foot, St Andrews Garrison)

Fantastic Melvyn!

By the way, was there scotch involved with that post at all?  ;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Anthony Gray

"Do you take performance enhancers before posting?"

Anthony

Garland Bayley

"Do you take performance enhancers before posting?"

Anthony

Exactly what post are you referring to?

In your case are you sure you didn't mean to write "Do you take performance enhancers before picketing?"
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

"Sherwood Country Club Men's Shower Photo Tour by Garland Bayley"

Carl Nichols

"Hold the Phone:  GCA's Most Hackneyed Phrases"

Charlie Goerges

The voting will begin as soon as I find someplace online to do a survey. Unfortunately we no longer have the polling functionality that we used to.

Chris DeNigris

E-Z-GO vs Club Car: Cupholder design and the impact on the ground game and other strategic options

Bruce Wellmon

I nominate "Best (men's) locker room shower's."
In that category I nominate the showers at Secession in Beaufort ,SC.

Garland Bayley

The voting will begin as soon as I find someplace online to do a survey. Unfortunately we no longer have the polling functionality that we used to.

I think Kalen can point you to a polling website.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joe Hancock

Is Anthony related to Aaron and Tori Spelling?

Drive for show, pun for dough

Colons and semicolons: Neither clever nor funny and it makes your thread sound like a bad TV mini-series

Why walking with a woody is more difficult than riding with the latest and greatest

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tom Yost

Photo Tour: America's Top 100 Club Parking Lots (Classic)

Anthony Gray

"Dress John Mayhugh for the BUDA....Vote Now"

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back