News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kye Goalby

Ballyneal Birth on Google Maps.
« on: June 07, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.418724,-102.271686&spn=0.016238,0.035448&t=h&z=15

I was checking out Ballyneal on Google Maps (too much free time) and found  a pretty  cool moment in time captured by big brother at the link above.   The photo shows the 7th green being hydroseeded.

What is also interesting is to see the  edges of the fairways ( here especially  on holes six, seven and eight)  integrating into the native created by the "serration nation", as coined ( and led) by Bruce Hepner.  You can also see  the 2nd hole has yet to be "serrated".  I personally think that integration of the grassing to the native accomplished by this is something that really sets the aesthetics of Ballyneal apart from its Nebraska cousins, Sand Hills and Dismal River. 

If this has already been noticed and posted... Nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:10:34 PM by kyegoalby »

Adam Russell

Re: Ballyneal Birth on Google Maps.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »
The integration works well in that you never notice it unless you're absolutely looking to pick out the designed change line. I also think the surprisingly patchy native areas gives the golfer ability to recover from just about anywhere, and sets it above Sand Hills in that regard. That was the biggest thing that surprised about Ballyneal.
The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it.” -Lewis Grizzard

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
Pretty neat stuff, Kye!  Can't wait to see it all in person this coming weekend!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »
Kye, I have as my desktop a picture taken before this aerial. It has only the sand cap for most if the site. For the life of me I can not figure which hole is which.  Without the finish work and the hole's transitions to native it's impossible for me to tell. Even the two pinched points don't give a clue to which hole they are. 
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back