News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Read today about this great opportunity for young turf / gca students:

http://www.golfcourseindustry.com/news/news.asp?ID=5231

http://www.fordplantationproperties-ga.com/blogdetail.aspx?blogId=53

"...an innovative new internship program to educate the next generation of golf course architects and superintendents in the legendary techniques of golf course designer Pete Dye. "

"...will hire 2 or 3 interns a Summer that Pete Dye himself choses."

Adam Russell

Re: Pete Dye Agronomy and Architectural Scholarship Foundation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
This does seem like a great opportunity in the future. I found it interesting that in the blog it stated both interns this summer were selected before the internship was formally announced, and that both are from Purdue...

I know there was no mention or contact to UGA's LA program about it, I would have jumped at the chance to compete for it.
The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it.” -Lewis Grizzard

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
I'm extremely interested!... I know about the Renaissance summer work program as well, but would also love to get my hands dirty for Mr. Dye...

Eric - Do you know where one might find an application or contact for this? I just quickly googled "Pete Dye Internships" can up with both the links that you posted... I'll keep digging, but any more info would be fantastic as an aspiring architect. Thanks for posting this!

Eric Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
I'm extremely interested!... I know about the Renaissance summer work program as well, but would also love to get my hands dirty for Mr. Dye...

Eric - Do you know where one might find an application or contact for this? I just quickly googled "Pete Dye Internships" can up with both the links that you posted... I'll keep digging, but any more info would be fantastic as an aspiring architect. Thanks for posting this!

Try Chip Dolan at The Ford Plantation
Email: chipdolan2002@aol.com
Phone: (877) 735-8367

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back