News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Hello everybody!  Nice to see you all again, and just in time for the U.S. Open.  If any of you will be down at Bethpage, let me know, and we'll catch up in person.  I'll be covering it for Cybergolf and Golf Observer.

Also, within a day or so, Ran and ben are going to run a new "In my opinion" piece that Chris Clouser and I did, which is a "Point! Counterpoint!" discussion of Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club and Southern Hills, two of Maxwell's gems.

Finally, I am still going ahead with plans for get-togethers at Giants Ridge in Minn the wkd before the PGA championship and i know some of you wanted to play golf with me there and at Big Fish as well.  During the week, I'll be at a couple of private designs near the twin cities, so I'm looking forward to more great times and talks with all of you.

In the meantime, here is a link to my U.S. Open preview piece from Cybergolf.  They had our media day there where Davis showed up and talked and then the writers asked qs.  They had the stenos there who gave us copies of the transcripts so we could write our pieces, just like in the media tent at majors.  Remember, the intended audience for this is average golf fans, not the intelligencia of GCA, so don't go running amok because I don't talk for three pages about tillie.  Just have fun.

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/the_us_open_at_bethpage_the_song_remains_the_same

Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Phil_the_Author

Re: Hi again!...and a new "In My Opinion" piece with Chris Clouser
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
Hi Jay...

Welcome back... NEWBIE!

I'll see you at Bethpage!

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
Welcome back Jay.
H.P.S.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:00:40 PM »
Jay - I'll be watching the press conferences listening for that distinctive downstate NY twang :)

Jay Flemma

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Dan...you mean my fine piercing tenor?  When I asked Rocco a question last year on Sunday he looked around shocked like "who the hell is that?!"

Good thing I can sing, though.

Boys thanks for the welcome backs, nice to see you all.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Dan Boerger

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
Hey, that better be a CENTRAL New York twang Jay has ... haven't been able to shake mine and I've been living in Philly for over 20 years!
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Phil Benedict

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
Enough about golf!  What about Phish?  Will you be at Jones Beach this week?

Jay Flemma

Re: Hi again!...and a new "In My Opinion" piece with Chris Clouser New
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 05:25:29 PM »
Hiya Phil!  Well don't forget about Camden too!

...and hey...check out my NEW client's hysterical new video - "Guitar Hero Hero"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7V7BaRAy0k

Quote:  "beating wii golf doesn't make you Tiger Woods!"  Classic!

hey dan!  lets play soon!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:45:53 PM by Jay Flemma »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back