News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Getting onto Bethpage Black
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »
Found an interesting article of Shack's site about Bethpage.  This is quite an interesting system a company is running to get people onto the course and block others from getting onto the Black.
http://www.golfdigest.com/golfworld/columnists/2009/05/golf_bethpage_adler_0525

PCCraig

Re: Getting onto Bethpage Black
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:14:41 AM »
I read this as well. The couple times I have been there during road trips down from school in Boston we just slept in our car and had no problem getting out, once around 9am on a weekday and once around 3pm on a Saturday. I was happy to pay the $80 or whatever it was. Slooooooow rounds though.
H.P.S.

Mark Woodger

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
reading that makes my blood boil!!! and i am infact to angry to write anymore.

Sam Maryland

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:39:07 AM »
reading that makes my blood boil!!! and i am infact to angry to write anymore.

Don't get too worked up, NY Golf Shuttle isn't really getting too many groups out.  I bet at less than 15% of their potential "customers" get out within the targeted time frame, if at all. 

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:24:39 PM »
I live in NYC, and my college roomate (we just graduated) lives about .5 miles from the club house. He isn't much into golf, but his dad is, although he is to scared to try the red or black, so they cant get me a time.... and I'm not calling up these shuttle people, it just doesn't interest me.

I find the best way to get on is to call up the day before and double check that the Black and/or Red will be open. Then I drive out there early in the morning on a weekday, if your not there before 10am, you dont have a shot, and as a single just get in line and pray there is an opening. Early summer (nowish) is the way to go, and weekdays are a must. There is no chance of getting on as anything other than a single this way, but its BPB so who cares!

You aren't going to be able to go straight out, so you will have plenty of time to hit balls on the range. If your plan fails and cant get on the black, the red is quite a treat as well, so make sure its also open on the day you are out there, and who knows maybe the times will work out and you'll get 36 in!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back