News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SL_Solow

Dismal River Chapter 11
« on: April 05, 2021, 01:07:15 PM »
I just saw a report that Dismal River filed for Chapter 11 protection in January along with some related entities.  I have not examined any underlying documents.  Does anyone have information?

David_Tepper

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:13:35 PM by David_Tepper »

Jeff Schley

Re: Dismal River Chapter 11
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 01:20:55 PM »
"He said reservations for May are up 50% compared with last year and he has a waiting list of people who want to be members."
Is this true?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Terry Lavin

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 01:27:42 PM »
"He said reservations for May are up 50% compared with last year and he has a waiting list of people who want to be members."
Is this true?

Let’s hope it is true. Dismal River is a fun and challenging destination.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

SL_Solow

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »
David, thanks for posting.  That's what I saw.  The comments are typical of debtors.  I will try to get the schedules but I am interested if anyone "knows" anything.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 01:45:21 PM »
What's good for the Gooseneal is good for the Gandal.

Blake Conant

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 01:56:49 PM »
I've heard a full spectrum of messaging, but mostly positive from the Omaha crowd. One friend was out there for a shooting competition this spring raving about the place. He gets out there 2-3 times a year. The hunting/shooting addition has certainly been a smart business move. I think I know more people from Omaha who go there to shoot guns than play golf.

Another friend joined last year and was told they were close to capacity. They built a pool and a spa and it sounds like they're even trying to sell some home lots again. Maybe trying to appeal more to families like the first owner intended?

Jason Hines

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »
Always hard to gauge where these things go, but could there be a 5th owner in 15 years?  I do wish them luck and hope they get things squared away.

Hope to get back to Nebraska this summer to visit the Caprock property as well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back