News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George_Bahto

Double "D" at memorial
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:21:47 PM »
...........  scores 5 birdies on the front nine then ran into 2 doubles, a bogey and another birdie on the back

31 - 40      71

wouldn't it be great for the game if he got (even) most of his game back?
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Double "D" at memorial
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:52 PM »
George,

Pretty simply, yes!
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »
...........  scores 5 birdies on the front nine then ran into 2 doubles, a bogey and another birdie on the back

31 - 40      71

I am not so sure. I actually like DD more now that he "sucks" than when he was #1. I know that my best days are behind me in most sports, but I believe that my best round is still in front of me for golf. Seeing DD out there tells me that he feels the same way too.

Brett Waters

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »
I think it would be great for the game. And it's really good to see him under par. Hopefully he can stay there this week!

Gene Greco

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »

31 - 40      71

I am not so sure. I actually like DD more now that he "sucks" than when he was #1. I know that my best days are behind me in most sports, but I believe that my best round is still in front of me for golf. Seeing DD out there tells me that he feels the same way too.

Sweens:

The man shot a 59 in the fourth round of competition.

His best round is definitely behind him.

YOUR 59 (or 69) has yet to come. Maybe tonight's dream will be the one.

"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

George_Bahto

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

nothing on this thread about Merion (until now     :P
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Phil Benedict

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
I follow DD pretty closely because he seems like a more interesting person than your run-of-the mill Tour pro.  Shows flashes of good play but seems to have trouble holding it together for a whole tournament or even round.

Who is more likely to win on Tour again. John Daly or Duval?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:45:27 AM by Phil Benedict »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:55 AM »

I think this is further proof that high handicapers have more fun. Now that he does not have a high world rank he appears to be more relaxed, content and happy on the course.

Anthony

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »
Phil,
I'd say JD, his demons aren't golf related.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

BCrosby

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »
DD has become a very strange player. I follow him when I can. A couple of years ago he shot a 47 or something on his first nine at the Masters (he posted a 9 on the 2nd, as I reacall). He played the next 27 holes in 5 or 6 under, just missing the cut.

His game is still there. But sometimes he and it aren't on speaking terms.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »

31 - 40      71

Since he obviously has the driver yips, Dr. Bayley's prescription is to join his buddy under Haney's tutelage.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Benham

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »

Why?  In his prime he was an emotional less robot golfer, hiding behind over-sized face covering sunglasses ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Rich Goodale

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
Agreed, Mike.  I think Duval is probably much more intersting off the course than on it.  Big John, on the other hand, is interesting no matter where he is or in what state/State he is.

Jed Peters

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »

Why?  In his prime he was an emotional less robot golfer, hiding behind over-sized face covering sunglasses ...

Do my over-sized face covering sunglasses hide my emotions on the course?

:)

Mike Benham

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »

Why?  In his prime he was an emotionalless robot golfer, hiding behind over-sized face covering sunglasses ...

Do my over-sized face covering sunglasses hide my emotions on the course?

:)

I never noticed that you had them but then again, I didn't have to see a close up of your face for 3 hours on the tellie on a Sunday afternoon ...

And I said "emotionalless" which isn't you ... ;)
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back