News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Upcoming GCA Trip to Old MacDonald
« on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
I see in the Golf & Travel section that there is a trip planned to Old Mac for May 6-9 in 2010.

I already have tee times for the June 1st opening, but if I can play Old Mac (the full course) during this trip in May, I will be happy to rearrange.

Do we have any additional info on this trip?

Brian Joines

Re: Upcoming GCA Trip to Old MacDonald
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »
It says "Just Got Back" under it. Maybe it was supposed to be 2009? I haven't read anything about a planned trip that I can remember. b

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
I believe the "just got back" message refers to the South Africa trip.

FYI: Next year's King's Putter is likely to take place at the end of May...
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Carl Nichols

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »
I believe the "just got back" message refers to the South Africa trip.

FYI: Next year's King's Putter is likely to take place at the end of May...

Maybe you should make it May 6-9, up north!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »

Maybe Kalen and Garland can have THE GRUDGE MATCH that week.

Anthony

Ben Sims

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »
Alright crew.  I just called up to Bandon and set up an arrival on Wednesday the 5th with a departure on Monday 10th.  I have no idea what the details of the trip will be or what Ran will tell us, but for those interested, I'm planning on playing Sheep Ranch on the afternoon of the 6th. If you think you'd be interested in doing that, let me know.  Bandon Golf Supply seems very happy to accommodate people wanting to see that amazing piece of property and believe me, a rain jacket and bottle of 7&7 is the perfect recipe for a great afternoon out there. I threw around some other tee times to fill up the space, but of course, that will change based on what the plans for the trip become.

Who's with me?!?!?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
Ben - that is amazing planning.... but.. wouldn't it be cooler to wait and see and book this through our host here?

Not sure if you knew, but Ben Dewar owns a travel company, and it's pretty certain the GCA trip will be booked through him.  Not that you couldn't do what you just did and just chime in with everyone else a la carte per se... but well....

In any case if the GCA trip is even remotely affordable, I sure as heck will make every effort to attend... but man these guys must not have small kids... MOTHER'S DAY will be May 9.

:'(

Eric Smith

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
and believe me, a rain jacket and bottle of 7&7 is the perfect recipe for a great afternoon out there. Who's with me?!?!?

I like it.  Hey Ben, how do you mix your bottle, do you use more 7 or more 7?  ;D

I am IN btw.  However, let's first see what Ben and Ran have in store, as Tom just mentioned.

Ben Sims

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
Copy all.  I have my own reasons for not booking through the group.  I would gladly discuss it in private if any are concerned.  But its nothing malicious or doubting on my part. 

Plus my dates are a couple days longer than the trip. 

Carl Nichols

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »
Copy all.  I have my own reasons for not booking through the group.  I would gladly discuss it in private if any are concerned.  But its nothing malicious or doubting on my part. 

Plus my dates are a couple days longer than the trip. 

Flying yourself?  Can you pick me up?

Ben Sims

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »
Eric,

Yeah, I mix it pretty well.  All the walking I was doing that day shook it up a bit too much though.  Fizzy seagrams was a throat warmer on a 45 degree day with 20 mph winds.  But I cherish the memory.

Carl,

I would love to fly a T-6 up there.  Alas, my sticks won't fit in the small trainer jet I'm flying now.  I have been informed by concerned parties that I will indeed be able to keep my good deal military pass up at Bandon even if I book through Ben's company.  I was trying to keep it on the down low just how generous the Resort has been to active military that have been to Iraq or Afghan, but the cats out of the bag now and I am sure I'll cancel my personal reservations and go through Ben.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back