News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCowan

Greenside Grass Bunkers
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »
Does anyone like the idea of seeing more Green-side Grass bunkers?  

Some positives i see are varying heights of grass through set-up, contrast, tougher for better players in tournaments, easier for for avg golfer in day to day play if desired through maint.  Different mixtures of grasses adding variety of textures.  

Paul Gray

Re: Greenside Grass Bunkers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
Certainly do. Short grass all around, allowing for run off, but patches of thick stuff to offer yet more possible outcomes.

I'd probably hate the idea if it weren't for the fact that my very first membership was at a links pitch and putt which had no sand bunkers but a few of these grassy traps. They worked, and still work, brilliantly.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jason Thurman

Re: Greenside Grass Bunkers
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »
I like grass bunkers, but I don't think I need to see more of them than I already see. I find a lot of them don't drain very well and end up muddy and squishy all the time. There's also a fine line between the grass in them being long enough to make the shot different from a standard shot from the rough and the grass being so long that you can't find your ball without poking around. They also don't have nearly the same visual effect as a sand bunker.

So no, I don't want to see more. I'd like to see about the same amount of them, proportionally, as what I see now.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back