News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Simonson

Re: the new championship tees at Pine Valley # 4
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Jim, etc -

You mentioned the carry is probably about 230 yrds.  Do you or anyone else think that maybe PV wiould consider extending the fairway in the front?

Extending the fairway would not effect the top flight Crump Cup players, yet it would allow for the seniors.

Thoughts?

Chris

JESII

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »
Chris,

The seniors no longer play from these tees during the Crump.

No idea if they would consider extending the front of the fairway...I don't think many seniors will play these tees.

GBoring

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
Played PV this week.  I was trying to enjoy myself so I decided not to wonder to the back tees.  However, my playing partner who is a very long hitter played from the new tee.  The hole was playing into a pretty good breeze.  He hit driver up the left side of the fairway just over the top of the hill.  He had 245 into the green.

archie_struthers

Re: the new championship tees at Pine Valley # 4 New
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Got up to PV today and finally got a look at the new back tee on # four.   It's really good, and although I didn't hit a shot it appears at first blush to be a fabulous addtion to the golf course.  The loopers were giving me the skinny on how far it plays in different wind conditions but not enough play yet to make too many conclusions. 

We climbed up the hill  behind the tee a little further to see  what it would look like. I think they got it just about perfect, as any higher would make it look incongruous relative to the trees . 

What might not happen from this tee is balls going thru the fairway , in that it's such a long run to the woods now.   The angle of the tee shot has definitely changed , and to get it down to the bottom you'd have to  hit a big running slider , or get as far left i the tee box as possible and lauch one over the trees on the corner, either way , it's definitely not a rescue tee shot now.   As I told JES , I can't wait to bust one before I get too old , hope to get it past Rocky's knees  ( "fat chance "   LOL) 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:03:53 AM by archie_struthers »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back