News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Levett

Notts (Hollinwell) for £35 in October
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
This sounds like a great deal. Notts (Hollinwell) are offering a limited £35pp in October, regular rate is £60, for min 10 peeps.
I'm at Lindrick on Mon 12th so am suggesting Tue 13th for a mini-outing.
Let a thousand flowers bloom!

Kevin Pallier

Re: Notts (Hollinwell) for £35 in October
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 06:40:43 AM »
Andy

That's a great rate...I hope the sun shines on you - you'll enjoy it !!  8)

James Boon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
Andy,

£35 is great value for Notts. If you are getting a group of GCAers together then I'd be only too happy to get a day off work and join you.

I was there last week and am hoping to post a thread and pictures in the next few days now we are up and running again!!!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
In October it should be in great nick.  I'm very interested.   Thanks Andy
Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:48:38 AM »
I'm interested.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »
This sounds like a great deal. Notts (Hollinwell) are offering a limited £35pp in October, regular rate is £60, for min 10 peeps.
I'm at Lindrick on Mon 12th so am suggesting Tue 13th for a mini-outing.
Let a thousand flowers bloom!

Andy
I'm also at Lindrick on 12th October.  Are you playing in their open day?

I could be persuaded to also play Notts the following day.  It's always a pleasure to play there and last week I was delighted to receive my usual invite to play in a corporate day there ;D
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Andy Levett

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
I spoke to the secretary at Notts today. There are a limited number of slots at the £35 rate, and its filling up already.
In the first two weeks of the offer we currently have the following options:
Tues Oct 13 (the date I initially suggested) 10.45
Thurs Oct 15 10.45
Mon Oct 19 1.30
Tues Oct 20 1.30
Thurs Oct 22 10.45.
(Sorry Sean, no Fridays)
Any of these suit me (my initial preference for the 13th was based on the convenience of staying in the midlands after the open at Lindrick on the 12th but I now probably need to return home that evening anyway).
We need a minimum of ten players to get the £35 rate. Otherwise those who do attend will pay on the day either the regular fee of £60 or their share of £350 (ie 7 players pay £50 each, 8 pay c.£45, 9 c.£39).
Your thoughts, either here or by IM as you feel appropriate, would be appreciated.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »
Andy, I can't make Monday 19th, but would otherwise be very keen to play. It's a super course. Mark.

Andy Levett

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
I spoke to the secretary at Notts today. There are a limited number of slots at the £35 rate, and its filling up already.
In the first two weeks of the offer we currently have the following options:
Tues Oct 13 (the date I initially suggested) 10.45
Thurs Oct 15 10.45
Mon Oct 19 1.30
Tues Oct 20 1.30
Thurs Oct 22 10.45.
(Sorry Sean, no Fridays)
Any of these suit me (my initial preference for the 13th was based on the convenience of staying in the midlands after the open at Lindrick on the 12th but I now probably need to return home that evening anyway).
We need a minimum of ten players to get the £35 rate. Otherwise those who do attend will pay on the day either the regular fee of £60 or their share of £350 (ie 7 players pay £50 each, 8 pay c.£45, 9 c.£39).
Your thoughts, either here or by IM as you feel appropriate, would be appreciated.

Andy, I can't make Monday 19th, but would otherwise be very keen to play. It's a super course. Mark.
Yes, I'm very keen to see it. Most of those who've expressed an interest on this thread know the course well but anyone in doubt should check out Ran's review http://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/england/notts1.html. Reading between the lines, he appears to be suggesting it's the best inland course in the isles, which would be something to ponder if we do get there.
On a practical note, everyone will want to go in October so the slots will go quickly. I'm inclined to get back to the secretary in the next few days and am happy to pay the deposit. I envisage it being essentially a GCA get-together with the option of bringing along one or two mates to share petrol and the joy.
There seems to be problems with the new host for the discussion group so anyone who has posted or IMd between my reply 6 and Mark R's reply 7 please do so again.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:08:15 PM by Andy Levett »

James Boon

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Andy,

I'm still very interested in joining you and at the moment can do any day mentioned, though as I said it will mean a day off work. Something I'm more than happy to do in order to play Hollinwell.

Also, and not to take anything away from Ran's review, but I have a draft of a photo tour ready for posting either tomorrow or over the weekend, so hopefully that will help encourage a few others to join us?

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
Andy

My game at Notts last week has only served to whet my appetite for a repeat visit.  Did you ever progress an October GCA get together?
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »
Just thought this link from Sean's April thread (to Notts or not to Notts) would be nice, with pics

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,33988.0/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back