News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Discussion Group to be down
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
As part of GolfClubAtlas.com migrating over to a different platform, the Discussion Board will be down for a ~ 72 hour period, beginning sometime late this Sunday or early Monday. Ben and I sincerely hope everyone will be pleased with the look and functionality of the new site when it goes 'live' mid to late next week. The Discussion Board and all posts are being transferred and your user name, password, etc. all stay in tact.

Though professionals are obviously handling this massive change-over, rest assured my comprehensive lack of technical skills are poised to spring off the sidelines and into the fray if required. Hence, next week could get interesting 8) but let's hope not ;D. However, should things get gummy during the cut-over, I'll write a note with a timing update and place it underneath the flags on the Home page next Thursday morning.

GolfClubAtlas.com's first facelift comes just a few months prior to celebrating its tenth anniversary. A few us who have been around from the start may even miss  :'( the logo or the brown column down the left or even the search function that never quite rivaled Google with its capability (yes, singular ;)). Still, there is much reason to believe that the new platform will allow GolfClubAtlas.com's second decade to be as memorable as its first.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:40:50 PM by Ran Morrissett »

TX Golf

Re: Discussion Group to be down
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »
SWEET!!!!!

Hopefully Anthony can keep it together over that four day period!!!

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »
Ran,

Great to hear!

So ... got any release notes?  User doc?  Training sessions?   ;D

Looking forward to the enhanced experience.

Thanks again for all the efforts.

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Bradley Anderson

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
Ran,

Thank you for all that you do for this site.

It just occured to me that I don't really know the history of how this all got going.

May I suggest that the very first thread on the new platform be written by you, explaining how this all got started?

Eric Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
QUICK!............Everyone hurry over to TEPaul's Barn...............FAST!

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
Ran,

Thank you for all that you do for this site.

It just occured to me that I don't really know the history of how this all got going.

May I suggest that the very first thread on the new platform be written by you, explaining how this all got started?

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/interviewmorrissett.html

Ash Towe

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
Good luck with the change over.
GCA has been and will continue to be a large component in my golfing life.
Many thanks.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
Thanks for the warning.  Looking forward to seeing the new board.

Good chance to catch up on feature interviews and course profiles. 

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
SWEET!!!!!

Hopefully Anthony can keep it together over that four day period!!!

Ran and Ben might be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Help Me!!!

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 05:31:29 AM »
I have it on good authority that the reason it will take at least 72 hours is because it takes an hour to install the new website and at least 71 hours to remove the Merion threads...

BCrosby

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
Ran asked to me let everyone know that he has put Dr. Katz on special retainer for GCA members during the 72 hour shutdown.

A hotline has been set up and Dr. Katz will be pleased to discuss your issues. Concern was sparked by rumors that people were planning trips to play Fazio and Rees Jones courses during the shutdown. We all know what happens when people do that.

So before you do anything drastic, remember that help is at hand. Dr. Katz will be there for you. 

Bob

Phil McDade

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »
Ran asked to me let everyone know that he has put Dr. Katz on special retainer for GCA members during the 72 hour shutdown.

A hotline has been set up and Dr. Katz will be pleased to discuss your issues. Concern was sparked by rumors that people were planning trips to play Fazio and Rees Jones courses during the shutdown. We all know what happens when people do that.

So before you do anything drastic, remember that help is at hand. Dr. Katz will be there for you. 

Bob

Does this mean the good doctor will let us discuss Roger Rulewich's wonderful bunker work at Yale?

Dr Katz

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
Mr. Crosby:

I expect to be on retainer before, during and after the website shutdown even though the last details of my retainer remains to be worked out with Mr. Morrissett. If the last details are not worked out which I do not expect will happen, I am a fair man of mind medicine and will help in any wise for those in need and in stress. It was just last week I ran across a man on the street who I had never before seen who had set himself on fire. I was able to resolve his psychological dilemma and the reasons why he had set himself on fire just before he burned to a crisp. As you might understand he was not able to pay me but as things are just things that too shall pass.

Faithfully Yours

Dr Katz

BCrosby

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
Thank you Dr. Katz. 

As always I am dazzled by your therapeutic insights. That your patient happened to burn to a crisp - even after your expert diagnosis - is a minor point that should be over-looked.

Thank you for watching over us during the trying times to come.

Bob

P.S. Did I understand correctly that Mike Young will serve as your backup if the Dr. Katz hotline is too busy?

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 10:30:27 AM »
Don't they teach medical students first get the diagnosis right then move to treatment?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
Oh what a load of hogwash...

Everybody knows that the real reason the site will be down is an executive decision to quash the Merion discussion before it goes too far..... ;)

Like they did the 5 previous times it went too far?

;D ;D

Mike Benham

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »
I would go long on the US economy, the productivity gains in the workplace with GCA being down will move the needle. 

Then again, divorces and childbirths statistics might also take a leap ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Anthony Gray

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 11:47:52 AM »

Dr Katz,

I knew this moment was coming. I tried Twitter but it only made me hungry reading what everybody was eating. Facebook said no to me because I have no face. Since To Catch A Predator, Myspace scares me. I need your DEA # so I can call something in for my upcoming panic attacks.

Thank You Doctor,

I feel like I'm being burried alive,

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »
P.S. Did I understand correctly that Mike Young will serve as your backup if the Dr. Katz hotline is too busy?

"Help me Tom Cruise...help me MIKE YOUNG...help me Oprah Winfrey..." - Ricky Bobby           click on icon to watch

RJ_Daley

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 11:28:06 PM »
I'm surprised that we haven't started a pool or contest to see who can post the very last posting on this old relic of a site.  The winner gets a free round of golf with golf's most beloved figure at is home course.   ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back