News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Leveille

Walker Cup - Seminole
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:32:54 PM »
I watched a good bit of the singles matches the last two days.  I have not played Seminole, but it looks like an absolutely wonderful course.  I am curious as to how typical what I saw on TV was as to its typical conditions.  With the best amateurs in the world having extreme trouble holding greens with many bunker and chip shots, I cannot imagine how badly Seminole would slaughter me even as a single digit handicap.  For those who have played Seminole, was the course we saw on TV this weekend similar to the course you played?

ward peyronnin

Re: Walker Cup - Seminole
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:40:16 PM »
Buddy Marucchi offered up it was a perfect Seminole Day and that is what the members played. No doubt the greens were a bit more on the edge that typical but consider who you heard were members today- Hogan, Crosby, Marucchi, etc. Like Winged Foot more of a players club.
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back