News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

MMmmmmmmm, Camargo (report)
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
I thought I'd provide at least a brief report on my round at Camargo a couple of weeks ago.  Here is the original thread:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39026.0.html

It is pretty hard for me to provide a whole lot of in-depth detail/insight on a course after only playing it once so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

The Weather -- you would have thought it was Scotland.  I think we experienced just about every type of weather you can imagine except snow.  We teed off in a calm drizzle and during the round we encountered:  calm/rain; wind/rain; wind; sun/drizzle; sun; sun/wind and sun/calm.  The tee shot on 18 was dead cross wind so I hammered one (best drive of the day) down the left rough and it landed on top of the hill and scooted forward.  One of the par threes (I think it was on the front nine -- the hole right before you go across the road -- about 200 yards) (found out this was #8) was DEAD into a strong wind.  I hit my driver with a little low bunt that ran up onto the green for a nice par.   

The Greens -- wow, are they big.  I'd played Coldstream before and thought they had big greens.  I was also struck by the geometric pattern of many of them -- simple squares or rectangles.  I had never seen anything like that before and it looked kind of odd.  I noted how many of the greens were either perched up with severe fall offs all around or some were well below the level of the fairway.  Very neat.

The Condition of the course -- perfect.  Wow.  Normally I can find a bit of grass or a leaf to use to line up my shot but I was having a real hard time doing that at TCC.   The tees were like putting greens they were so smooth. 

The Scorecard -- I found it very funny that the scorecard said, "All USGA Rules apply unless super ceded by local rules" and there wasn't a single mention of any kind of local rules at all.  I guess if you have to ask about the local rules you shouldn't be playing.  :-)   
--
jvdp

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back