News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

charleston springs nj
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »
Any info on this course in new jersey ? I am playing there this weekend and was wondering if it was a decent layout or not. I actually have never heard of it untill now which is pretty bad because I play all over ny nj . All I know is it's part of the park system . Anyone know who designed it and what type of layout it is ? I am assuming parkland ?  Any insight ? I am playing with a bunch of good friends so I don't care if it's good or not but was wondering anyway.

Thanks

Brad

astavrides

Re: charleston springs nj
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:29:17 AM »
There are 2 courses there.  The North has fewer trees and is a little better, but both are very good-especially if you are paying the in-county rate.  Mark Mungeam designed both.  I just played there last Wed. and it was in pretty good shape considering all the rain.  Should be very good shape by the weekend.  The tee boxes are immaculate.  Please let me know if you get an opening in your foursome.

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
Hey Brad,
I played Charleston Spring the south course about a year ago.  It was a really nice track and it was in very good shape.  The park system in central New Jersey has a lot of good courses.

JeffTodd

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »
I've only played the South course, which locals seem to consider the weaker of the two (it is the parkland course). For the most part, it was fairly straight forward and lacked any memorable holes, but it was still solid from start to finish with no glaring shortcomings. The highlight was the excellent conditions, firm and fast fairways, and one of the best short game practice areas I've ever seen at a public course. Get there early enough to enjoy it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back