News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

A use for Ben Sims
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:53:02 AM »
Now that we have the admirable Ben Sims on board, how best can we use him and his aeroplane? With a little bit of licence we'll allow him to drop bombs as well as carrying men, machines and goods. Would you get him to blast a few bunkers in a course that needs beefing up? What about a few incendiaries to set fire to a few trees somewhere? Or is there a course somewhere that simply needs obliterating, removing it from the planet for good? No, he's not going to ferry you all across the Atlantic for a BUDA get together - do you really want to play Royal St George's in full combat gear?

Bill_McBride

Re: A use for Ben Sims
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:04:59 AM »
Thinking back on Tiger's quadruple bogey a few years ago.........Hmmm....... ;D

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
Mark. There's another use too. My last year in New Mexico I met and golfed with a general in Air Force. The way he found Pinion Hills was interesting. While flying over one day he spotted a golf course and then radioed the local airport tower to ask what it was. After visiting he ended up buying a house and became a regular. So finding hidden gems in obscure locations would be a real benefit. But not as much as your fire bombing suggestion.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »
Pete Dye could call him in for a few bomb strikes to create some pot bunkers.  How good is the bombing accuracy?

Seriously, a long time ago I looked at a site in the north of France that still had bomb craters from WWII and it looked like a Pete Dye grass bunker/chocolate drop mound complex from TPC.  Since then I figured that is how Pete got that wonderfully rough shaping.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

Just wait until he has to deal with drill sargeant Tom Paul

Lyne Morrison

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »

...or perhaps it's a case of Biggles to the rescue... :)

"How To Get To Askernish By Plane"
http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39519.msg828407.html#msg828407

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
Maybe he's secretly working for Tom Fazio and he'll get us all loaded on the plane for a quick trip to Cypress Point or Augusta, then he'll fly out over the Pacific, open the cargo bay doors and climb like mad. ;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Ben Sims

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »
 If I was flying for Fazio, I'd do a low level airdrop at 500 feet, open the ramp, and pull it 20 degrees nose high right over Ballyneal.  So that you all may die happy.  Then I'd do an assault landing at The Quarry at La Quinta to add character to the fairways.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back