News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Yost

Re: KP 2009 - Photos New
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
Saturday night dinner at Holdren's
(sorry I didn't get pics of the guys out at the children's table...)

Robert and David contemplate the fruits of their labor.

Table 2 had to appoint a committee to figure out the tab  (prix fixe menu by the way...)

Best buds
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:29:47 PM by Tom Yost »

Jordan Wall

Re: KP 2009 - Photos
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »
Tom,

Thanks.  That dinner was fun.

For the record, Bob and I stopped and In'n'Out before we hit the steakhouse.  is that not just the best way to do dinner?
 ;D

double double, salad with no lettuce ( 8)), steak and mashed taters, cheesecake....delicious.

BTW for those of you who have never had an iceberg lettuce salad with no lettuce, its quite fantastic.

Cheers

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »
There were many happy guys at the event... but Pete L. must have life really beaten.  He ALWAYS looks happy in person... and check out the photos.... a happier guy cannot be pictured.

I admire and envy that.

Sean Leary

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
Jordan,

Two questions.

1) Are they not feeding you in Pullman? You look positively waifish....
2) Earrings? REALLY??????

Garland Bayley

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »
There were many happy guys at the event... but Pete L. must have life really beaten.  He ALWAYS looks happy in person... and check out the photos.... a happier guy cannot be pictured.

I admire and envy that.

Table 2 had to appoint a committee to figure out the tab  (prix fixe menu by the way...)

Happy except when presented with the bill!  ;D
What does prix fixe mean any way? And why did I have to pay for half of Richard's steak? ;D No matter! He treated me to great Korean BBQ the next night. You guys really missed out on that one, and that especially means you Anthony.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »
I love the way how Bill McB is laying down the law there too when it comes to who is paying what!!!

Never, ever, ever, even think about crossing Bill.  ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
Garland - DAMMIT!  There goes my theory.  Man I did not want to see a less than jolly Pete L.

;D ;D ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2009, 11:41:31 AM »
I love the way how Bill McB is laying down the law there too when it comes to who is paying what!!!

??? I don't even see the Original Ace in any of the dinner pictures.  ???
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »

Thats Bill in the middle with the Brown shirt, next to Pete.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »
    Garland's pre-shot routine...............prayer first

The Putter Hand Off

Perfect inside 6 feet

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:27:58 PM by Anthony Gray »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »

Thats Bill in the middle with the Brown shirt, next to Pete.

You're right! Don't know how I missed that! Must be those failing eyes.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

That ball was banked perfectly into the hole while still in motion. A shot I learned inside the paint in basketball. ;)

For you purists out there, that was my casual round at Sherwood where my scorecard said (starting on 6) 8, 8, 5, 7, 7, aw, screw it. After which George (Tommy's friend) and I signed it and put it away.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

That ball was banked perfectly into the hole while still in motion. A shot I learned inside the paint in basketball. ;)

For you purists out there, that was my casual round at Sherwood where my scorecard said (starting on 6) 8, 8, 5, 7, 7, aw, screw it. After which George (Tommy's friend) and I signed it and put it away.

For you PURISTS out there. My round with Garland was PURE FUN.

Thanks again buddy,

Anthony

Jordan Wall

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »
Jordan,

Two questions.

1) Are they not feeding you in Pullman? You look positively waifish....

I had to look up waifish.  Go figure.  I'm on a steady chicken strip, banana, tomato, and mexican food diet at college.  With lots of top ramen thrown in.

2) Earrings? REALLY??????

Really! College does funny things to a guy...

Lou_Duran

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
quote author=Ryan_Simper link=topic=39499.msg828103#msg828103 date=1240340116]
Has anyone ever looked more irritated than that after making a hole in one?

;D
[/quote]

I don't recognize that old, fat guy in the blue shirt on 17 at Sherwood.

Joe P, thanks for the clarification, though perhaps you might have picked a better word than "denier".  You may recall that you once counseled me on the virtues of skepticism.  Having once done the high-fives and hole-in-one tapdance with my buddies in Texas after "seeing" my tee shot disappear into what we thought was the hole only to be disappointed when we found the ball some 50 yards over the green, please forgive me for being a bit skeptical.

It was a well-struck shot, one of the very few I hit at Sherwood that day.  As you noted, the one prior with the same club on #16 was a superior, more difficult shot which you capped off with an excellent putt for three.  Like before, we played well enough together to get the job done.  If I may add, Sherwood's #17 is among the finest of its type in the world!  ;)

Oh, regarding the bar tab, it was just another bit of luck.  Pete L, what was it that you were asking for?  A single-malt scotch?  Or was it BudLight on tap?

As others have noted, the KP was a blast.  I've been to all of them and though the faces (and shapes) have changed considerably, they never disappoint.  It is always great to meet new people and reaffirm old acquaintances.  I do miss the past participants who are unable to attend.

It is probably impossible to draw unenjoyable companions at the KP, but this year was particularly good.  For the first time, I got to play with Tommy, Geoff S, David O, Jordan, and a few holes with David K.  Hopefully my gabbing away didn't detract from the golf at the four fine venues.

My apologies go to Rich Goodale who got stuck with me for three rounds.  If you make yourself scarce at the Buda, I will understand.

Thanks to all for making this event so enjoyable.  Special thanks go to David Stamm and Robert Ball for planning and running the KP so flawlessly.  I know it couldn't have helped your game, but things couldn't have gone better.  Thanks also to Tommy as well as David and Robert for the Ojai aerial and fine presentation.  The "Captain" certainly knew what he was doing, and it appears that there is still enough there to make playing the course a priority during a future trip to SoCal.

Finally, Peter and George were the consummate hosts at the highly enjoyable and challenging Sherwood CC.  We were treated by all like valued members.  Hopefully we conducted ourselves in like fashion.  Thank you Sherwood!       

John Mayhugh

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »

Table 2 had to appoint a committee to figure out the tab  (prix fixe menu by the way...)

As one of the old ladies seated at table 2, I have to dispute this.  The menu and tab were not prix fixe.  There were different prices for everything and I'm sure that was what threw us off.  Trust me, this bill was far easier to figure out than the one I had the night before at The Derby.   ;)

Thanks to Pete Pittock for bringing wine along.  It was very good.

People in the pic are:
Back row:  John Mayhugh, David Moriarty
Front row:  Pete Lavallee, Bill McBride, Pete Pittock

Pete L has quite the "how am I getting screwed?" look, doesn't he?   ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »

As one of the old ladies seated at table 2, I have to dispute this.  The menu and tab were not prix fixe.  There were different prices for everything and I'm sure that was what threw us off.  Trust me, this bill was far easier to figure out than the one I had the night before at The Derby.   ;)

Thanks to Pete Pittock for bringing wine along.  It was very good.

People in the pic are:
Back row:  John Mayhugh, David Moriarty
Front row:  Pete Lavallee, Bill McBride, Pete Pittock

Pete L has quite the "how am I getting screwed?" look, doesn't he?   ;D

Is Pete Pittock's face the same color of his face?

Tim Bert

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

I think this is a definitive yes, though it seems an odd question to ask.  The same can be said for every other photograph I've ever seen.   ;)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »

I think this is a definitive yes, though it seems an odd question to ask.  The same can be said for every other photograph I've ever seen.   ;)

You know how Anthony spells. He spells shirt F-A-C-E, which makes him hard to follow sometimes.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »

You know how Anthony spells. He spells shirt F-A-C-E, which makes him hard to follow sometimes.

I'm sorry, Is Pete Pittock's shirt the same color as his shirt?

Anthony

Mike Hendren

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »
Who posted the photograph of this dork farm?

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Garland Bayley

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2009, 03:21:52 PM »
Who posted the photograph of this dork farm?

Bogey

Have to exclude Jordan from the Dork classification there. He looks totally uninterested and appears to be daydreaming about flying a 6 iron to the pin and having it stop for an easy bird.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »
The guy to the left of Jordan looks just as dis-interested...is that Dave Moriaty?

Garland, I mean this in the best possible way, but you sort of remind me of the cartoon character from Mad Magazine who then took a truck-load of growth hormone pills.   ;D

Can't wait till we finally get to play the "grudge" match.   :D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »
He looks too thin for David.

And, you have me mixed up with Anthony Gray.

I'm Big Bird.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
He looks too thin for David.

And, you have me mixed up with Anthony Gray.

I'm Big Bird.

Good call.

Now that we know what Anthony looks like from the full frontal position, I can see the resemblance.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back