News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Leary

Re: KP 2009 - Photos
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »
I don't want to ask what you meant by that comment.

Tony Peterson looks so much better with toothpaste all over his face.

He said it was toothpaste, huh? Thats what I would say too.

Tony Peterson looks so much better with toothpaste all over his face...and no shirt on and flip-flops! Yikes!  :o

Jordan Wall

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 02:59:10 AM »
The dude on the right in the top picture, wearing the pale pink polo has got to have the biggest upper body to waist ratio I have ever seen in my life!

Spaulding on steroids.

It's more like the countless, cougar filled gyms that I drive by in Orange County every day. That's a weird photo, and I think Benham photoshopped it.....

That or you were doing your best imitation of Jordan on Friday without the undies showing...   ;D

I have to clear this up...

THAT PICTURE IS NOT ME

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 09:40:01 AM »
The dude on the right in the top picture, wearing the pale pink polo has got to have the biggest upper body to waist ratio I have ever seen in my life!

Spaulding on steroids.

It's more like the countless, cougar filled gyms that I drive by in Orange County every day. That's a weird photo, and I think Benham photoshopped it.....

That or you were doing your best imitation of Jordan on Friday without the undies showing...   ;D

THAT PICTURE IS NOT ME

Jordan,

Had to bust your chops  ;D .  I couldn't find a pic of you with your more "elegant" sagger pants.

Good to see you again and don't ever listen to me about group shots.  Shutter away.  You're absolutely right in that we should have done a group mug shot on Saturday.

Good luck with your sophomore year and don't break too many hearts.

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Tom Yost

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
Late to the party with pics...  I really suck at golf course photography.  Much like I suck at golf!!  Oh well...    Saturday night, I discovered that I was shooting at 1600 iso  :P   I last used the camera at a baseball game and had pushed it up to try and capture the action.   So all of my Friday and Saturday pics are a little compressed and grainy.  I tried to work with them in Photoshop but I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, here are a few from Friday's round at Santa Anita.  I don't remember the holes, but just a few shots to show the bunkering and some of the bumps and wrinkles in the terrain.   A very fun course that is a super value at $25.

More from Sat/Sun/Mon to follow...

Tom Yost

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
Some shots from the Saturday morning tour of the Ojai Valley Inn.

The Inn overlooks the 1st hole

Tommy points out some of the changes made to the course.

Robert checks his facts with Tommy.  Lou plans his next hole-in-one.

The group observes the "lost hole."

Discussing the original routing.

David is ready to go have lunch.

Larry watches as Moe gives Curly the double finger poke.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »

Spaulding on steroids.

THAT PICTURE IS NOT ME

Jordan,

Had to bust your chops  ;D .  I couldn't find a pic of you with your more "elegant" sagger pants.

Good to see you again and don't ever listen to me about group shots.  Shutter away.  You're absolutely right in that we should have done a group mug shot on Saturday.

haha...

Talking to Mayhugh last night, and he tells me someone put up a picture with me and my pants way down and I was just like WHAT!!??

Good to see it's not true.

A mug shot on Saturday would have been fun.  Oh well, KP next year, though hopefully we can catch a round sometime before that.

Tom Yost,

That first picture is really cool.  It shows the extravagance of the resort, which was just fantastic.  The course was really cool as well.  #'s 16 and 17 were fantastic, and there were other good holes we got to see.

That was a really pleasant surprise.

Are you gonna put up those pitures from the dinner too, where we can put names to faces?

Cheers,
Jordan

Tom Yost

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »
... someone put up a picture with me and my pants way down and I was just like WHAT!!??

Good to see it's not true.

OK.  Would it be fair to use the term "representative photo?"    ;D    Yeah, I know, you had better underwear.

More pics to come of Soule Park, Sat nite dinner, Rustic and Sherwood.  Work keeps getting in the way...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »

Garland.......Thanks for wearing a tie to the awards banquet.

No problem Anthony. Peter Jake... and I being fellow Portlanders like to wear cranberry colored pants, so I threw those on too.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Richard Choi

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
... Much like I suck at golf!!  Oh well...   

Aw, man... what does that make me, the guy who got his butt kicked by you?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
... Much like I suck at golf!!  Oh well...   

Aw, man... what does that make me, the guy who got his butt kicked by you?

Richard,

I hate to break it to you, but ....

;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »

What can I say? Sherwood without my new bestest buddy would be like peanut butter without jelly.......cookies without milk........Pebble without the Beach........the road hole without the road.....MOM without the scotch......Batman without Robin......Crocket without Tubbs.....Kalen without a thread......Captain without Tenniel.......Well you get the idea. 

Thank you Garland for a wonderful round of golf. I think we look great together. Keep an eye on your portch, the orange shorts are on the way.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »
SANDMAN, that's right, I'm talking about you KALEN! Eat your heart out.

;D

EDIT: That blast was played with a 9 iron to get the lower ball flight and added distance as the bunker was at least 20 yards short of the green.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:17:30 PM by Garland Bayley »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »

;D

Kalen,

What do you got to say about that!!!! Look at the height that ball is getting!!!! Practice up for THE GRUDGE MATCH.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »

Spaulding on steroids.

THAT PICTURE IS NOT ME

Jordan,

I was just looking through the results on the kingsputter.com site, and not only is Patrick good at harassing Jordan, he is a freaking NorCal point accumulating all-star.

Benham, you need to be IN more, and OUT less.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

;D

Kalen,

What do you got to say about that!!!! Look at the height that ball is getting!!!! Practice up for THE GRUDGE MATCH.

Anthony

I have nothing but awesome impressions of your fine swing Garland.    ;)

And yes I've been "practicing" for the grudge match by not practicing in hopes my handicap will rise even further to match Garlands.    ;D

I am really really bummed I missed this years KP....someone needed to tame Big Bird!  :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:09:11 PM by Kalen Braley »

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

Re Saturday matches, Pete Pittock and I defeated Pete Lavalee and Ross Waldorf 2 and 1 at Soule Park, thanks to a tremendous closing surge by Pete Pittock. The KP site has it 3 and 2 for the bad guys. Thanks.

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »

I was just looking through the results on the kingsputter.com site, and not only is Patrick good at harassing Jordan, he is a freaking NorCal point accumulating all-star.

Hold on here...

I'm going to use a "Jordan" like line ... THAT ALL STAR IS NOT ME.

For the record, Jonathon Cummings carried my ass on Saturday and Scott Henderson pulled more than his fair share on Sunday.

And just ask Mike ... he was there at the Peacock Gap pre-KP tuneup and saw for himself my disaster of a meltdown that day.  I was the definition of slow play.

I take no credit.

course architect

Garland Bayley

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »
But Patrick,

The duties of the B golfer in the match is to not prevent the A golfer from getting the job done. The score book says you did your job magnificently.  ;D

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »
But Patrick,

The duties of the B golfer in the match is to not prevent the A golfer from getting the job done. The score book says you did your job magnificently.  ;D

In that case I'll take all the credit   :P
course architect

Mike Benham

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »

Hold on here...

I'm going to use a "Jordan" like line ... THAT ALL STAR IS NOT ME.

For the record, Jonathon Cummings carried my ass on Saturday and Scott Henderson pulled more than his fair share on Sunday.

And just ask Mike ... he was there at the Peacock Gap pre-KP tuneup and saw for himself my disaster of a meltdown that day.  I was the definition of slow play.

I take no credit.

To clarify, Benham AND Pieracci ... sometimes the ball bounces in the right direction ...

And Patrick, you did not have a meltdown, you were working through some swing issues ... ;)  The swings I saw the KP reflected that you have no more swing issues ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
The first ever photographic evidence of Sweet Lou's ACE on the #17 hole at Sherwood CC from 228 yards with a 5-wood.  Well done Lou!

Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 13.2. Have 26 & 23 year old girls and wife of 29 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Carl Nichols

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »
Is that Peter Wagner's castle in the first picture?   ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
Is that Peter Wagner's castle in the first picture?   ;D

I think somebody told me Peter's home was above the 13th fairway.

The development is pretty much le plus non ultra, i.e. pretty cool.  ;D

Carl Nichols

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »
Bill:
It certainly looks that way, and the event looks great.  Incredibly cool of Peter to set up the Monday play.

Tom Yost

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2009, 11:46:27 PM »
Saturday afternoon at Soule Park:

Waldorf and Pittock watch the action from the 1st tee

Stamm fires one over the chasm on #7

#10th hole as seen from the tee

Hanse bunkering on #11

The sweeping downhill par 5 13th

Fleisher contemplates the shot on the 17th tee

Post round gathering in the clubhouse

Post round...

Ball announces scores, Lavallee laughs, Ober realizes he has to play with Yost on Sunday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back